Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

she was the decoy

Always thought Portman played both roles.

Are you serious? You really didn't know Keira Knightley played the double?

Yes, I thought that was clear when I said I didn't know she was in the film. I saw this movie in theaters when I was 9 and once or twice when it was first on DVD.

Seems like she and Portman alternated. There's a behind the scenes documentary on the DVD where they're shooting the "Our People Are Dying, Senator" scene, and Lucas specifically refers to her as Natalie, not Kiera.

KK is onscreen as Amidala when they decide they have to go with the Jedi. She's also tells Padme to clean R2 after the escape the blockade. She's Amidala when they land on Coruscant and she's the only one you see in this outfit: screen-shot-2011-09-17-at-11-36-50-am-th

Seems like she and Portman alternated. There's a behind the scenes documentary on the DVD where they're shooting the "Our People Are Dying, Senator" scene, and Lucas specifically refers to her as Natalie, not Kiera.

because... that's Natalie performing the role?

Keira plays as the queen on the escape from Naboo, on Tatooine, arrival at coruscant and the final battle.

She is never seen disguised as a handmaiden, i think.

And Natalie never plays as the decoy disguised as queen.

Lol I dunno, it ain't exactly A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, is it.

It's all a bit Star Trek.

The taxation of trade routes isn't really something that springs to mind when I'm thinking about fable storytelling.

I can defend AUJ against the prequels easily. Because despite it's many flaws, many which I mentioned on this MB after being the first person here to see and review the film, the film has a heart.

The prequels are like a fancy hooker, nice looking, but cold and dead behind the eyes.

The equivalent of a misjudged one night stand, the kind where the moment you orgasm you just wanna pop on your clothes and get outta there, take a long hot shower, go to sleep and not think about it again.

We've all had those....right?

the photo looks fake, doesnt it? why would they buy it in the open...at a building construcction site with skycrappers in the background so everyone can see what they are doing?

It does not cope well with JJ secrecy...

A lot of the lumps of the movie (which was never meant to be theatrical, just three episodes of TV) were ironed out by the midpoint of season 1, or improved and made more watchable with hindsight in seeing where Lucas and Filoni were going with the plot (inc. new character Ahsohka). Filoni did a number of interviews after the cancellation, and talked about how Ahsohka was supposed to be cutesy/youngling/a little annoying at the beginning, so that we could follow her growth as a Jedi (eventually becoming a partner to Anakin and making the choices she did towards the end of the series).

The way you felt about TCW, I felt about The Phantom Menace, and that impression was not changed with AOTC or ROTS, so I guess my expectations were tempered quite a bit by the time 2008 rolled around.

Having not seen TCW movie since 2008 in theaters, I can't give much in the way of specifics, but I do remember that there was a sequence (a cliffside siege with walkers and Jedi on some sort of emplacement) that made me more excited than anything in the prequels did. The last third on Tatooine was less exciting, but that's the nature of episodic TV I guess.

• 2 weeks later...