Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Where did you pull December 18 from? The article only says December 2015.

Is this the first official confirmation that SW7 is coming out in December 2015 and not the traditional May date?

Where did you pull December 18 from? The article only says December 2015.

Is this the first official confirmation that SW7 is coming out in December 2015 and not the traditional May date?

You didn't know about it until now? It made national news when Disney announced it. It's no coincidence they picked December 18, it's the exact same day Avatar came out in 2009.

Eh, I just forgot it if was officially confirmed for Dec 2015, or if it was just assumed it was without being 100% official.

I don't like the idea of returning to Hoth. I want all new planets! (Except Coruscant, I guess).

I'm sure that the only world that we will revisit will be Coruscant. I don't want to see any other planet we saw in the last six films. Especially not Naboo or Tatooine.

They should be creative and pretend that maybe, just maybe, a planet has more than one biome. Maybe Yavin IV or Naboo has a polar region, similar to Hoth. After all... FUCKING EARTH DOES!

Rich

They should be creative and pretend that maybe, just maybe, a planet has more than one biome. Maybe Yavin IV or Naboo has a polar region, similar to Hoth. After all... FUCKING EARTH DOES!

Rich

That is also a good point. They seem to have forgotten this when they made the planets of the last six films. Naboo stepped in the right direction by having swamps as well as grassy plains and hills, so if it has more than one biome, other planets can too.

Oh I know it can be confusing for spoonfed idiots in the audience who can't deal with planets with multiple identities. But some people are smart enough to follow.

Rich

If you're going to be spending a lot of time on one planet, then yes, I agree that showing different aspects of that planet's climate would be neat. Otherwise, if you're just making pit stops, then it's just more straight forward to have the planet have a specific and individual identity.

There's just not any good reason to visit the poles of Naboo or Yavin to show the Arctic environment like Hoth.

Yes, I realize that Arrakis is one biome like Tatooine, and Arrakis is science fiction royal, but even Dune got its trees.

Rich

I don't tend to look at anything from Star Wars in a scientific light. Otherwise, lightsabers and Death Stars and landspeeders and Darth Vader fall apart much earlier than a planet's lack of geological/climactic diversity. In the Star Wars universe, lasers can be made into a functional sword and there is a planet made completely out of sand, and that's just kind of how it is.

There's more to iceland than snow covered landscapes. You could shoot dozens of different "one-environment planets" in there

Right - same with deserts, forests, swamps, cities, etc - they won't be at a loss to continue with those. And that's not even taking into account diverse planets like Naboo

I guess the biome diversity argument loses steam when you realize that Kashyyyk in the prequels had the same biome as the forest moon of Endor: giant trees in a temperate forest. So filming in Iceland or wherever it's cold could easily be a Hoth-like planet, too.

Rich

Nope. Kashyyyk's trees appear to be much, much bigger. Plus, Kashyyyk has beaches and seas, which we haven't seen on Endor.

No two biomes are exactly the same.

I know it's not considered cannon but Hoth was revisited in the game Jedi Knight Jedi Academy. Although aside from Coruscant I too wish that new planets were visited or briefly shown in the Prequels.

mmm the best was Jedi knight. (including mysteries of the sith as a nice addition). Nostalgia factor maybe, but it had a good story...

Maybe they revisit Yavin IV...but since Luke skywalker's academy is not there anymore..i'm not sure where will they locate the jedi. Probably the rebuilt jedi templo on coruscant...

Endor's trees are real. Kashyyyk's aren't. That's all you need to know.

Rich

well, it was a miniature... :P

I never felt the need to determine the best. I think Jedi Academy is the most fun. Rich

It's just a pity is that when you develop your Jedi skills to some level, it is so easy to complete the game just by using a mind trick.

Karol

I never felt the need to determine the best. I think Jedi Academy is the most fun. Rich

It's just a pity is that when you develop your Jedi skills to some level, it is so easy to complete the game just by using a mind trick.

Karol

I would just go around pulling weapons out of soldiers' hands and Force pushing them into ravines. It was easy but fun. I own the complete series and will revisit them eventually.

Endor's trees are real. Kashyyyk's aren't. That's all you need to know.

Rich

well, it was a miniature... :P

They arent very anatomically correct!

Not the size of the tree, it's how you use it.

:yes:

Karol

I would just go around pulling weapons out of soldiers' hands and Force pushing them into ravines. It was easy but fun. I own the complete series and will revisit them eventually.

I was playing around with cheat codes. You can spawn different characters. I once had a Rancor to finish the game for me. Literally. He ate the villainess.

Karol