Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

What if Williams composed a new fanfare to lead into the Main Title? Man, what if it was a "When You Wish Upon a Star" fanfare to the existing Walt Disney Pictures logo? Wouldn't be out of the ordinary for Williams.

Personally I hope they use "When you Wish Upon a Star". That just seems to fit for me. I love that melody.

He has to use the same main titles. That's the main titles for Star Wars. That's the main thing which has to be consistent with the previous 6 films.

Disney and JJ seem to want a nostalgia fest anyway so the main titles are definitely something they won't change. When they didn't change for the Prequels they never will.

Yeah. Episode I, II and III!

Oh you mean Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi right?

I remember some B movies in the late 1990s and early 2000s were trying to pass themselves off as SW movies and they even had Randal Curtis himself directing them and someone even scammed John Williams into writing music for them. But those aren't seriously counted, right?

I look forward to internet directing its hate towards Episode VII and JJ Abrams next December. George and the Prequels could use a break.

I look forward to internet directing its hate towards Episode VII and JJ Abrams next December. George and the Prequels could use a break.

J.J. Abrams would have to be asleep on set in order to deliver something worse than the prequels. At the worse, SW7 will be something passably entertaining but endlessly dumped on like Star Trek: Into Darkness. At the best, it'll pleasantly surprise the naysayers but won't blow anybody away.

Plus while Kathleen Kennedy producing doesn't guarantee a great movie, she knows her stuff. She's not going to be Lucas 2.0. There's a lot going for this movie already -- shooting on 35mm and IMAX, utilizing a mixture of practical effects/matte paintings/miniatures and CGI, and of course John Williams scoring.

Who cares? Our very own Luke Skywalker predicted the Episode III title by 2002!

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1366&page=2#entry31179

I hope Episode III is Called 'Revenge of the Sith'

Why didn't they make an article about that? Dickheads!

Thanks for the appreciation :D

Though really...my posts there are embarrassing :lol:

I sounded like Stefan does now defending the hobbit films... :devil:

Base FX in Beijing will supply effects shots, under ILM's supervision

http://variety.com/2013/biz/news/chinese-cinema-base-fxs-effects-exception-1200593388/

WHAT?

Sad. One of the main characteristics of the SW films were that their SFX were 100% produced by its own SFX company. The result usually was consistent throughout the entire film, unlike many modern blockbusters.

Now, i fear that Disney could close ILM sometime in the future. It happened with LucasArts...

Expect the spin-off movies SFX being created by a miriad of sfx companies and probably be mediocre not only in content, but in visual quality too...

What i dont understand is that ILM created a Singapore facility, why not use them? (or maybe that facility is subcontracting this chinese company...)

http://variety.com/2013/biz/news/chinese-cinema-base-fxs-effects-exception-1200593388/

WHAT?

Sad. One of the main characteristics of the SW films were that their SFX were 100% produced by its own SFX company. The result usually was consistent throughout the entire film, unlike many modern blockbusters.

Now, i fear that Disney could close ILM sometime in the future. It happened with LucasArts...

Expect the spin-off movies SFX being created by a miriad of sfx companies and probably be mediocre not only in content, but in visual quality too...

What i dont understand is that ILM created a Singapore facility, why not use them? (or maybe that facility is subcontracting this chinese company...)

Pretty sure ILM's bases in California, London, and Singapore will handle most of the Episode VII rendering. Also J.J. Abrams' Super 8 and Star Trek: Into Darkness utilized Base FX, and their quality is great.

WHAT?

LucasArts was a financial mess. ILM is one of the best VFX companies in the world. It would be silly for Disney to close a highly profitable division like ILM. This has more to do with a shorter than normal post production schedule for a Star Wars film than anything else I would imagine.