Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

So who are they?

Star_Wars_Episode_VII_-_The_Force_Awaken

Apparently Storm Troopers are still around, and no longer Clones (not a surprise)

Leia and Han's kid? The helmet etc reminds of ROTJ.

Random bloke just before he's shot down?

Darth Sherlockus?

The R2 for the 2010's?

I thought the cruciform lightsabre was cool.

If a bit useless. Like lightscissors or lightspear. What do you do with those smaller blades? Cut yourself in the arm. Or are they there specifically to look cool?

The trailer look tentatively promising but it is really hard to tell anything from such a short teaser. The music was mostly from JW Prequel action music playbook with the main title in the end. Very cool. :)

If a bit useless. Like lightscissors or lightspear. What do you do with those smaller blades? Cut yourself in the arm. Or are they there specifically to look cool?

A well trained Jedi or Sith can obviously use the side blades to further deflect enemies.

A well trained Jedi or Sith can obviously use the side blades to further deflect enemies.

Couldn't you theoretically cut off the sideblades by damaging the crossguard as the blade does not come directly from the hilt? Very dangerous. Masterful Jedi or Sith you would have to be. Force would very strong with these idiots have to be.

So who are they?

Apparently Storm Troopers are still around, and no longer Clones (not a surprise)

I think Boyega's character probably stole a Stormtrooper uniform. I don't think he's one himself.

I think he will be a stormtrooper who changes sides after something bad happens.

BTW in the OT, the stormtroopers were not clones (they never changed their voices with temuera morrison like boba fett)

And in the trailer you can see the row of stormtroopers with different heights. So, no clones.

Take your negativity to the Hobbit threads. This new Lightsaber is AWESOME!

Speak for yourself on the negativity Williams trailer music basher!

01 - Personal attacks will not be allowed. Please be RESPECTFUL of one another, allow for differences in opinions, and please don't make anyone feel that they cannot post their views in this forum.

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20175

01 - Personal attacks will not be allowed. Please be RESPECTFUL of one another, allow for differences in opinions, and please don't make anyone feel that they cannot post their views in this forum.

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20175

Quotes the man who insulted me first! You have been harrying me for weeks with this negativity issue!

I thought it was a good teaser, and I have a really good felling about how everything looks. From the get go it already looks closer to the OT than the prequels, and I'm not talking solely of design

Yeah there is definitely. Which I find more appealing that the Prequel look anyway.

Soccer-ball Droid like very Prequel like though

Yes that was the only truly eyebrow raising moment for me in those 1 minute and 30 seconds.

i dont like the lightsaber water or fire effect.

It looks like the dark force user got a 'saber power up' item in a hack 'n' slash videogame or a fancy power crystal in some Roleplaying game...

Don't like the shaky cam on the Gunship with the Stormtroopers. Or the color timing in that scene. Nice lens flares with the Falcon. I'm still excited, but J.J. Is really leaving his signatures all over a part of a Saga that is bigger than him. Harrumph.

The one thing I hated about the trailer was the narration. Incredibly cheesy. If Kasdan wrote that he should be ashamed.

It is the epic Benedict Cumberbatch worthy ominousness of darkness of the Force. DARK DRAMA UNFOLDING. BE IMPRESSED! BE VERY IMPRESSED!

Also it is in the style big baddies like to soliloquize. ;)

And very blinding, too.

True my boy, very true.

Why do people hate lens flares? I love them! Very dramatic and cinematic.

It draws attention to the fact that there is a camera filming what's in front of it. And there is such a thing as too bright and too many lens flares.

And let's not forget about the artificiality of a lens flare. Any post-prod engineer can add a lens flare, but the natural lens flares are superior to fake ones.

Definitely an interesting teaser, fitting (if not completely memorable) music and great look! Narration felt a little bland, through... slightly concerned about the stormtroopers and TIE fighters, on the one hand it's very cool to see them again, on the other hand I hope there's a good reason for them being in the story that doesn't feel shoehorned in for nostalgia's sake ("Surprise! Some remnant of the Empire has risen... again!").