Do you already have tickets for Star Wars VII?

karelm

Do you have a ticket for Star Wars VII?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a ticket for Star Wars VII?

• Of course I do, what a stupid question.
    • Not yet...still planning it out.
    • Star Wars VII, what is that?

I have tickets for the 18th with adjacent seats reserved for my friends. I wanted to go asap (out of excitement, tradition, and the desire to avoid spoilers) but I didn't want to spend hours waiting for seats day-of.

Dec 16, midnight screening.

less chance of me sitting next to a man wearing a Leia costume holding a lightsaber.

Oy!

I had no choice! That was the only costume they had left at the shop!

dress.gif

One month from now I would have started to watch Star Wars 12 hours and 45 minutes ago!

And E.T.and Elliot will only have a couple of days left to wait.

I'll be at Disneyland or listening to the score on all those days. No time for the movie.

Again, not planning to see it. The hype surrounding it, the fact that it's Star Wars and the old cast is in it, and of course the score have held my interest. I mean, obviously, this is like the biggest things to happen for JWFan since Crystal Skull. I kind of can't wait for the official review thread and to read your guys' thoughts. But it'll be interesting not partaking in it. We'll see how I hold up.

I'm not a die-hard SW fan, but I need to wash the taste of Revenge of the Sith out of my mouth. That was the only SW film I saw theatrically, and I regret it.

Again, not planning to see it. The hype surrounding it, the fact that it's Star Wars and the old cast is in it, and of course the score have held my interest. I mean, obviously, this is like the biggest things to happen for JWFan since Crystal Skull. I kind of can't wait for the official review thread and to read your guys' thoughts. But it'll be interesting not partaking in it. We'll see how I hold up.

They'll definitely have Han say "somewhere your grandpa is laughing" to Rey, talking about Anakin.

I'm still planning it out. The Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra is having a "Music of Star Wars" concert on Dec. 17th, concluding with enough time to get out of downtown Pittsburgh and to the IMAX theater for the midnight premiere. I'll probably do that, or I'm also interested in that one cinema that's running all six films prior to TFA's premiere. If I go that route, I'm only interested in seeing IV-VI since I've never had the "big screen experience" with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, based on your screenname, I assume you were born in 1997?

No interest in seeing Tintin in 2011 when you were ~14?

I wasn't into John Williams back then. I watched the star wars and Indiana Jones movies, but I never payed attention to the scores. It's only now that I appreciate his scores :) Also we don't go to the cinema that often. Though this year was a exception. Mad max fury road, DBZ, Spectre and star wars next month :)

Bought tickets just now.

We're seeing it Thursday evening, December 17th, at 7:00pm EST in good ole' 2D.

I opted for 2D too, for a first view. The movie should work that way for me. I can go to experience the 3D flamboyance afterwards, if necessary.

No tickets yet, but as some of you may know, I'm in the fortunate position to attend press screenings. Disney Norway only allows ONE person per staff/media outlet, but after some negotiation, we managed to get three in from Montages. The press screening is December 15th here in Norway.

But of course, I will need to see it multiple times in the theatre, so I will no doubt buy tickets after that.

No, the demand is definitely there - They had already sold $50million worth of tickets in the US as of a week or so ago.

In my case, I couldn't even get tickets for the theater I wanted because the 2D showing was sold out and we didn't want 3D, so I had to go with a different theater.

Yep. I have tickets for my first three viewings, taking different people for each of their first viewings. The first will be with my wife on Thursday evening, the second will be with my childhood friend since 1982 (who I always see Star Wars with) on Friday morning, and third will be with my son (for his first theatrical Star Wars) on Monday morning. I'll probably go back for an IMAX 3D viewing whenever my brother comes to town. I hope it's good enough to see 4 times! My least favorite Star Wars film was AotC, and I saw that 5 times in the theater. If TFA is better than AotC, I'll do cartwheels.

Here in Greece there is a "small" situation without precedent!!

After the moving of the film one week later, now the company has a special screening of the film in 3D for 600 people in 16th to 17th midnight with invitations!

There is an outrage about this in facebook.

Hackers stroke at the page of the biggest cinema chain, etc..

In this special screening there are strict security measures:

You will pass from metal detectors, your bag will be searched, give your cellphone etc..!!!

edit:

Oh, there's no invitation left now. Gone in 40 minutes!

You will pass from metal detectors, your bag will be searched, give your cellphone etc..!!!

Yeah, that's the same for press here in Norway. On Tuesday, we will have to go through all those measures (give up cell phone, metal detector etc.) -- basically like an airport. I've never experienced anything like it! We also had to sign a special embargo agreement, which means I can't devulge any spoilers about the film in my writing etc. (not that I would do that anyway, but still). I'm still gonna come in here and give my two (spoiler-free) cents Tuesday afternoon, but no big deal. It's only a couple of days before the world premiere anyway.