New Star Tours Force Awakens Scene - new Williams music?

Gruesome Son of a Bitch

Is this new Williams Episode VII music? Star Tours II only uses the original Star Wars score recordings edited for the various scenes. Did this come from the Episode VII score??

I dunno how you guys can hear anything under all the sound effects

Anyways, I doubt the TFA score would show up on a park ride before the actual film and its soundtrack.

I dunno how you guys can hear anything under all the sound effects.

Because some people are used to paying more attention to the music while watching a film than others. The ear gets trained I guess.

I think it's Williams.

I agree. I can clearly hear BB-8's theme in there.

I dunno how you guys can hear anything under all the sound effects.

Because some people are used to paying more attention to the music while watching a film than others. The ear gets trained I guess.

BOOOOOMMMMM!!!!

E6D4FA3F-799E-480C-9B8E-92F3849EC8D1_zps

I dunno how you guys can hear anything under all the sound effects

Anyways, I doubt the TFA score would show up on a park ride before the actual film and its soundtrack.

I too had a very hard time hearing it.

With that said, I think the music is actually the easiest to hear in this video. Starts at around 2:20.

I'm convinced that's new and from the Force Awakens, most likely the scene where the Millenium Falcon is pursued by Tie-Fighters on Jakku.

I'm definitely picking up on a more OT style of action scoring with that classic heavy bass and the use of the rebel fan-fare is an insert that's distinct from anything I've heard in the original tracks so it leads me to believe its entirely new.

I don't what exactly else it is but I'm definitely getting some major Prisoner of Azkaban vibes from some of the sections as if Dementors were suddenly about to converge o.o

I really hope they do a music spot like they did for the Prequels soon because I'm absolutely starved for some un-tampered score from the Maestro, the fact that we're having to analyse a Star Tours video for tiny morsels is testament that I'm clearly not the only one lol.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this was my first post on the forum, long-time lurker that wanted to get in on the post-Force Awakens music speculation action because I hold all the Star Wars and Harry Potter music dear to my heart as wonderful soundtracks.

Here's a video with much better sound quality. I'm convinced it's definitely John Williams because I don't often hear that sort of quick motif flourish that he's known for in his action music, especially in imitators as they normally go after their own Williams-sounding themes.

Definitely Williams, I agree. Also, the xylophone striking note interventions are characteristic of his modern output. BB-8 snippet sounds idiomatically Williams too, with close-voiced chords typical of his more humoresque writing.

It's a real orchestra, and hiring another composer for such a short sequence that could easily be scored with preexisting Star Wars music is a waste of resources that I'm sure Disney wouldn't allow. This must be from The Force Awakens score, probably from that first recording session, when we got those photographs of members of the brass section.

The only thing that has me questioning the source is that this new scene was being prepared for this event presumably at the same time as the new Space Mountain, although the score for that is an arrangement of preexisting Williams Star Wars music. So it's possible this was also recorded with the LSO and that it isn't from the Episode VII score, although it does sound like Williams.

Referring to Hyperspace Mountain:

The attraction also features a new soundtrack inspired by the film’s score, recorded with the London Symphony Orchestra especially for Disneyland.

http://www.starwars.com/news/8-things-to-look-for-at-disneylands-season-of-the-force

Yeah William Ross is the arranger and conductor with the LSO of all the music from the new star tours.

I can see him going to london to record the new disneyand music, and doing the arrangement, as he himself was involved in TFA.

How do you know William Ross did it? I was under the impression the only new music prior to this was the Giacchino queue line music. All the other scenes in the ride seem to be edits of preexisting music from the films.

No, there was some featurette or interview and it was Williams Ross who adapted the music for the new ride. These are not edits like in the old star tours.

OK im mistaken he recorded the droid room musing for the tokio ride.

http://www.endorexpress.net/startours2/creating/williamross/

Nice quote: (but i think we already posted it here...)

Ee: Now, we can’t talk about your work without touching on Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, which was over ten years ago. What do you remember about it and how was that experience?

Bill: I don’t know what to say about the Harry Potter experience other than the fact that it was a complete honor for me. It was a wonderful experience. I have such great respect and admiration for John Williams. He seems to be such a uniquely talented genius

I was involved because of a conflict in John’s schedule. As he explained it to me, he was unable to devote the time to the score for the second Harry Potter film that he felt it deserved. I believe he worked out a solution that was satisfactory to the parties involved. Basically I was there to adapt the music from the first Harry Potter film into the score for the second film, “The Chamber of Secrets”.

In addition, John would write the new material that would be necessary. I would use material from the first score and the new material he would write to create the score for the second film.

I'm virtually certain all other music in the ride aside from that which is heard in the new scene has been edited from the film scores. This is the only time the Star Tours II ride has used a new recording.

No, there was some featurette or interview and it was Williams Ross who adapted the music for the new ride. These are not edits like in the old star tours.

OK im mistaken he recorded the droid room musing for the tokio ride.

http://www.endorexpress.net/startours2/creating/williamross/

Nice quote: (but i think we already posted it here...)

Ee: Now, we cant talk about your work without touching on Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, which was over ten years ago. What do you remember about it and how was that experience?

Bill: I dont know what to say about the Harry Potter experience other than the fact that it was a complete honor for me. It was a wonderful experience. I have such great respect and admiration for John Williams. He seems to be such a uniquely talented genius

I was involved because of a conflict in Johns schedule. As he explained it to me, he was unable to devote the time to the score for the second Harry Potter film that he felt it deserved. I believe he worked out a solution that was satisfactory to the parties involved. Basically I was there to adapt the music from the first Harry Potter film into the score for the second film, The Chamber of Secrets.

In addition, John would write the new material that would be necessary. I would use material from the first score and the new material he would write to create the score for the second film.

But....but according to JWFan doctrine Ross didn't do anything and all the music was written by John Williams

Exactly because he just arranged pre-existing music without composing anything new?

Yes he probably wrote his arrangements on paper first. But that's it.

And i'm sure that an important scene like the finale was arranged by Williams himself. It has to be.

• 1 month later...