BloodBoal

And newbies (younger JWFaners) wonder why the oldies are completely miserable and generally negative about modern movie music.

Just trying to imagine such a roundtable in the 90's.

Williams, Goldsmith, Horner and Elfman!

Fucking hell we've gone down hill!

I've got a lot of respect for Burwell. He's never been one of my absolute favorites but he has a unique voice and still hasn't lost that after all these years. He's always flown under the radar so it's nice to see him get some attention for once. His Carol score seems like a nice piece of work.

I'm not lamenting Zimmer's absence. He spent most of last year's one (or the one before that) fawning over how easy it was to score the critical darlings of that year.

What's notably absent here is any composer that the general public will have heard of. I haven't listened to a new Burwell score since True Grit.

It seems HGW's profile rises when he works with Scott. After hearing the awesome The Martian, I'm looking forward to what he comes up with for the Prometheus sequel.

Bring on the full video! I'm very interested to hear about 'when no sound is better'. I'd like to see a director finish a movie with no music, and then decide where the lack of music is hurting it.

• 3 months later...

It's a bit strange that they never posted the full video for this. Last season's composer roundtable came out in December 2014. All the other disciplines for this season had their videos posted many weeks ago now. The last in fact to be released was the cinematographer one that came out on February 2nd. It's a bit of a shame if this one has vanished into the ether because the previous ones were enjoyable to watch.