Home Alone - 25th Anniversary 2CD Edition by La-La Land Records (2015)

Jay

They wanted to put the sold-out expansion of a classic score back in print. Better sources were circumstantially found. It would have been much worse for them not to use the better elements, IMO.

I don't understand why it's a problem that other people get a chance to own it. It's not like it prevented another score from getting the same treatment.

This.

They wanted to put the sold-out expansion of a classic score back in print. Better sources were circumstantially found. It would have been much worse for them not to use the better elements, IMO.

Also this.

Can i buy the lalaland releases (Home Alone, Braveheart) also from the intrada store (Jaws 1 and 2), cause i don't want to pay shipping to Europe twice?

Yes. If you want to bundle these new releases with Intrada's new releases, you actually have AT LEAST FOUR online retailers you can do that with - one of them already based in Europe!

http://www.moviemusic.com/

http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/

http://www.screenarchives.com/

http://store.intrada.com/(though they haven't put entries into their website for the LLL titles yet)

I don't understand why it's a problem that other people get a chance to own it. It's not like it prevented another score from getting the same treatment.

This

How can you know?

By the least it delays the release of any next score. All the time and resource, human work spent on this could have gone into a new unreleased expansion.

All this time, resources and human work would be well spent if it had happened like in 5 years more, like 10 after the first release.

In my opinion.

Still is better than nothing, but...

I don't hear any difference, other than it being brighter and louder.

Please listen to the sample for Disc 1, track 18 Star Of Bethlehem [Film Version]* 3:03

I can't believe no one is discussing all the cool new instruments in Star Of Bethlehem!

Here's everywhere you can order this:

Samples & Direct Order:

Additional Order Links:

I can't believe no one is discussing all the cool new instruments in Star Of Bethlehem!

I bought the thing, so I felt no need to ruin any new surprises with samples. I'm sure I'll think all of the instruments are good instruments, when I get it.

Well, in the sample I can hear only one more instrument. (maybe there's more down the road?)

Probably a synth to sound like orchestral bells or something.

Somehow similar to the one we hear in the very start of the film.

By the way, if I'm not mistaken this is an alternate performance, right?

I mean it's not the previous one with the addition of instrument(s) on top..

You are all so pathetic.

And yet here you are, with no one better to talk to than us and nothing better to do than piss in people's corn flakes.

Your point being..?

Let's not wind people up with snide disparaging remarks when they are just celebrating their hobby/obsession/passion, be it that includes buying the same things over and over again. ;)

You are all so pathetic.

And yet here you are, with no one better to talk to than us and nothing better to do than piss in people's corn flakes.

Your point being..?

That you like to piss on corn flakes. Which, in and of itself, is quite an odd thing to do. Better to piss in the milk, then give the milk to the guy who's going to eat the corn flakes and who will not suspect anything!

It's a common misconception on message boards that people feel entitled to being subjected only to opinions congruently to their own and to that i say: fuck 'em.

The problem has nothing to do with diversity of opinion and everything to do with your intentionally provocative posting. Disagreement does not require such an atmosphere of hostility.

You're a smart guy; none of this is news to you. All the same, your response to our moderator Incanus speaks for itself.

The problem has nothing to do with diversity of opinion and everything to do with your intentionally provocative posting. Disagreement does not require such an atmosphere of hostility.

You're a smart guy; none of this is news to you. All the same, your response to our moderator Incanus speaks for itself.

This.

These samples sound great. One thing that bothered me regarding the 2010 disc was the way the triangle "dings" all sounded flat and dulled out. And of course, this was a score that featured quite a lot of "dings."

I'm wondering If I ordered this now, would it arrive in Canada by Christmas week? I'm still waiting for my Jaws disc.

And you may react as you do - with which i respectfully agree, up to a point, but when i think a business practice stinks, and there are by now countless examples, the BATMAN's by the very same label being a flagship, i say so and honestly find the yammering that ensues (not only in this thread, there are precedents here) irritating.

You now enter FSM and find that even mild criticism of labels like Intrada or LLL is often followed by a merciless hunt-em-down attitude towards the 'nest-foulers'. But as far as i can see, people can still merrily re-buy stuff for the fifth time, nobody is denying them that. So what exactly is the problem eludes me, gruesome language excepted.

The label ass-kissing annoys the hell out of me. I couldn't make it through the interview on the front page because I was just embarrassed reading it.

They constantly fuck up scores. They jack up the brightness and volume, call it a remaster, everyone praises it, and I get listener fatigue.

The label ass-kissing annoys the hell out of me. I couldn't make it through the interview on the front page because I was just embarrassed reading it.

They constantly fuck up scores. They jack up the brightness and volume, call it a remaster, everyone praises it, and I get listener fatigue.

I keep forgetting there is the audiophile OCD aspect to the film score collecting that is the final stage even after the score has been produced to the best of all standards assembly-wise. There is always something to keep us grinding the old wheel.

If it sounded good already, why do they feel the need to ruin it by making it brighter and louder? To justify their existence? Because they think everyone only listens to music in the car or on the train?

It is very simple, business-wise: you know your customers, a large percentage of them, anyway, are forever chained to their holy grails and will break down at some point, so you press on. I can picture it already: Jay dutifully lining up another Matessino-Interview on the merry occasion of the big, newly rebrightened HOME ALONE 30th Anniversary set, an army of damned souls in tow remorsefully hitting the BUY button.

It is very simple, business-wise: you know your customers, a large percentage of them, anyway, are forever chained to their holy grails and will break down at some point, so you press on. I can picture it already: Jay dutifully lining up another Matessino-Interview on the merry occasion of the big, newly rebrightened HOME ALONE 30th Anniversary set, an army of damned souls in tow remorsefully hitting the BUY button.

Isn't it glorious?!!!

In the grand scheme of thing it's irrelevant, yes.

Like most things really depending on the perspective.

I have the 1983 CD of Michael Jackson's Thriller and it sounds marvelous. But I also have the Special Edition remaster and it sounds fucking terrible. Some dickhead put what was already perfect sounding audio through the loud machine and ruined it.

So why bother changing it when they could just repackage the old master? It was crystal clear in 1983, so why not now?

The Michael Jackson remastered CDs are all too loud and compressed. The original CD releases are superior. I've read good things about the HDtracks and SACD versions, but I've never heard them.

They had some copies at the Houston Symphony store for $25 plus tax. I wish I had known they'd be selling them otherwise I wouldn't have ordered online and just bought it there.