Braveheart - New 2CD Expanded 20th Anniversary Edition from La La Land

Jay

I believe Braveheart is Horner's best score. Absolutely. 

I have that stance because of the total overall package of film and music and how perfect they work together. 

That to me makes it his best score. 

• 2 years later...

BRAVEHEART: LIMITED EDITION - REISSUE (2-CD SET) LLLCD 1587
Music by James Horner
Limited Edition of 3000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $29.98

STARTS SHIPPING MARCH 29

Braveheart_web.jpgOrder yours from www.lalalandrecords.com starting 12 noon (pst) on 3/29

NOTE: This re-issue of our 2015 release features the same content and master as that release.

La-La Land Records, Icon Productions, Paramount Pictures and Universal Music Special Markets proudly present a reissue of the expanded and remastered 2-CD limited edition of James Horner’s (ALIENS, GLORY, SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISCHER, TITANIC) original motion picture score to BRAVEHEART. The 1995 Best Picture winner, starring Mel Gibson, Sophie Marceau and Patrick McGoohan, and directed by Mel Gibson, continues to endure today as a cinematic landmark and Mr. Horner’s indelible, Oscar-nominated score ranks among his finest – thrilling, dramatic, romantic - expertly supporting and advancing plot, character and heartfelt emotion in equal measure. Produced by Dan Goldwasser and Mike Matessino, and mastered by Matessino from Paramount vault elements, this 2-CD expanded presentation has a total running time of nearly 2 hours and 10 minutes and contains previously unreleased music, as well as source music tracks and additional alternate cues. Exclusive, in-depth liner notes from writer Jeff Bond, featuring interview comments from director/star Mel Gibson, and bold art direction from Jim Titus complement this deluxe release.

• 2 months later...

Having listened to Braveheart yesterday in its LLL presentation, I think it's an absolutely lovely score. But I think DWW is a little more varied with some truly astonishing highlights that honestly works really well in its full form. You couldn't go wrong with either.

That being said: DWW is now officially out of print, so you might want to prioritize buying it off Discogs or MusicBoxRecords first, since I imagine the recent repress of Braveheart will be around for a good bit.

Wait, which version? If it's the first expansion, then it's probably not the ideal version to get. Probably best served by the original album assembly or the LLL release from the two sites I mentioned.

Braveheart has always been the blandest of the bland to me.  I blind purchased the OST based on recommendations in the early 2000s and bought the second release just thinking that I must have missed something (I didn’t).  Dances With Wolves, on the other hand, is a lovely score.

I should probably get around to listening to my OST of Braveheart to see if my reaction is similar to @mstrox.  

I should probably also get around to seeing the film.

"

JAMES HORNER SPECIAL!
We’re celebrating our releases of PATRIOT GAMES and CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER with great sale prices on two more Horner classics!
Get GLORY and BRAVEHEART 2-CD sets at the fantastic price of ONLY $25 EACH!!

"

https://secure.campaigner.com/csb/Public/show/4our-2jw9l1--zw34g-ag4f6q6