The Force Awakens film to feature "Cantina Song" written by Lin-Manuel Miranda & JJ Abrams

aj_vader

From an Amazon Site. http://www.amazon.it/Star-Wars-Awakens-John-Williams/dp/B014V6JIQK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448886974&sr=8-1&keywords=star+wars+force+awakens+soundtrack

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

international version

Lucasfilm, Walt Disney Pictures and visionary director JJ Abrams bring us back to a distant galaxy, "Star Wars" back in Italian cinemas from 16 December! The seventh episode of the saga is played by Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong'o, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Max Von Sydow. The screenplay was written by JJ Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan. One of the most anticipated films of 2015:

• In two weeks the official trailer has racked up 167 million views on digital platforms
  • One of the most popular titles and collected the history of cinema
  • One of scores more expectations, composed of "living legend" John Williams (22 Grammy Award, and author of scores such as ET - the Extra Terrestrial, Indiana Jones, Superman, Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, Meetings Encounters of the Third Kind, Harry Potter)
The highly anticipated soundtrack to "Star Wars - The Force Awakens" contains more than one hour of music + 1 track ("cellar" song) with the voices of the alien characters that appear in the film.

ADMIN NOTE: Click HERE to jump to the official confirmation and announcement of Lin-Manuel Miranda's involvement.

Or click HERE to see the video of JJ Abrams announcing it.

Or click HERE if you have your thumb up your ass and you couldn't GIVE A SHIT!!!!!!

What if you don't give a shit but don't particularly want to have your thumb up your ass? What do you do then?

What if you would like to give a shit but also want your thumb up your ass?

This is.... weird

"The way J.J. told it on The Tonight Show is how it happened," Miranda told Vulture, confirming that he met Abrams randomly during a matinee of his Broadway show. “I was joking. He said he loved Hamilton and its music. And I said, 'Well, if you need a cantina scene, some cantina music, let me know.' And he took me up on it. We wrote the song together. We had one sort of music file that we shared back-and-forth. I'd write stuff, and then he'd add stuff, and I'd take away some of his stuff and add some of mine. It was a joyous collaboration."

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/lin-manuel-miranda-talks-joyous-star-wars-cantina-music-20151207

The quote suggests that it is mainly an Abrams composition, since he was the only one "taking away stuff" here.

I think you've misunderstood something. Miranda is the only one "taking away stuff" in the quote above.

The quote suggests that it is mainly an Abrams composition, since he was the only one "taking away stuff" here.

I think you've misunderstood something. Miranda is the only one "taking away stuff" in the quote above.

You're right! I misread the quote, it was actually Miranda speaking.

The joke of J.J. scoring Episode VIII and trying to force his way into the Star Wars music seems to be too real in my mind.

So, where does this new Cantina song fit into the leaked track list? The rathars seem to be an alien species. Could it be "That Girl with the Staff?" None of the other track titles seem to fit--not that the aforementioned does either.

Yeah, that's what I've been saying, since it's apparently her pub. It could be tacked in somewhere in that track, or maybe "Finn's Confession" if it's the same scene since they're adjacent tracks.

Unless they just replaced a Williams track with it (bastards)

The Maz's counsel makes sense. I was hoping she too would have a theme, which would be featured in that track. Maybe she still does and we will hear it elsewhere. Then again, it seems like we are getting more themes relative to the other movies already. Perhaps there just wasn't "room" for another.

What I mean is that it could be like a "Christmas at Hogwarts" scenario where you get the song somewhere in the middle of a score cue. "Maz's Counsel" doesn't seem like what they would name just the cantina song as a standalone.

Or it could be an easter egg like that weird sound loop at the end of The Beatles' "A Day in the Life" or "Her Majesty" at the end of Abbey Road. You get like 15 seconds of silence after the end credits suite and then the song plays :P

According to member rebekahnoelleparker, who got the soundtrack album when it was accidentally released by Amazon, the song is not included.

There is NO Cantina song in the 23 tracks on my album. I went back through and am checking and can't find anything like what the Cantina song might be like. AND, I'm a huge Lin-Manuel Miranda fan, so I know I'd be able to spot it if it existed.

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25877&p=1200847

I just came back from seeing the film. There are actually two "cantina" songs credited both by Lin-Manuel Miranda and J.J. Abrams. Unfortunately I can't remember their names but the other one started with word Jabba. I was too engrossed in the music at that moment to remember their titles. :P

Unfortunately I can't remember their names but the other one started with word Jabba.

Jabba's Jig?

Yeah it had two words but I can't for the life of me remember the other one. It wasn't jig though. Sorry. :P

And I didn't register either one of the two pieces beyond the fact that they appeared in the background. Nothing special.