Williams conducting Force Awakens cues shown on 60 Minutes (UPDATE: Second Video now online)

Lewya

JJ looks literally as excited as i would be and it seems he really has just told JW to go for it and write what he wants without much direction. I can't wait to spend years analysing every note like all the other scores in SW :)))

You can see Ridley and Boyega in the background of the sessions, so this was the same day they attended.

The last minute scoring sessions so Williams could imitate the popular rendition of the Force Theme from the marketing campaign.

You can see Ridley and Boyega in the background of the sessions, so this was the same day they attended.

The last minute scoring sessions so Williams could imitate the popular rendition of the Force Theme from the marketing campaign.

And it's a hell of a lot better than the rendition used in the trailer.

The music preceding the title crawl sounds very Star Wars and more like the OT as I said about the other tracks, its quite ominous so there's no musical spoilers there to what it entails.

You mean succeeding?

This video has so many things going on (in the good sense). Great and breathtaking music snippets, at last a real and well written rendition of the Force Theme, John Williams actually saying "baby", and providing us the ultimate evidence of this unknown part of his character.

I'm in heaven, and so happy that we're a couple of days away from an excellent, I'm sure, Star Wars score.

We watched the youtube video tonight. Really really cool stuff! Williams looks great! Even Marcy commented he was looking good.

The music was surprisingly good. Loved that piece that follows the opening crawl, and loved that The Force rendition.

Shame the second half of the video was just about JJ working on the sound and script, and not about the score anymore.

So nothing aired on the actual show that wasn't in this "Overtime" video, right?

"Oh baby, I just hope I... oh we'll talk later. This stuff in reel 7 really needs to be good. I hope it is."

Hah, modesty in full force from Johnny Baby.

I wonder what that could be...the climax of the film?

Whatever it is, I'm sure the music is jaw-dropping.