Fantastic Star Wars Music Podcast - Star Wars Oxygen

DarthDementous

The most refreshing thing is even though they are all very knowledgable on aspects of melody, harmony, rhythm etc they don't get bogged down in the technical aspects and always approach the music and composer's intention from an emotional point of view. It's very insightful stuff.

1 hour ago, Docteur Qui said:

The most refreshing thing is even though they are all very knowledgable on aspects of melody, harmony, rhythm etc they don't get bogged down in the technical aspects and always approach the music and composer's intention from an emotional point of view. It's very insightful stuff.

I've been hoping for something to step in the absence of Star Wars Oxygen, and from the sounds of it this podcast will definitely have what I need. I'll check it out, thanks!

My one, single, nitpicky criticism of The Art of the Score:  sometimes they get a little too bogged down in the "Guess the Temp" game.  Meaning they spend too much time pointing out the existing music that parts of a score sound similar to.  I never find this very engaging.

Great podcast though!  I'm a big fan.

On 06/08/2017 at 8:54 PM, Disco Stu said:

My one, single, nitpicky criticism of The Art of the Score:  sometimes they get a little too bogged down in the "Guess the Temp" game.  Meaning they spend too much time pointing out the existing music that parts of a score sound similar to.  I never find this very engaging.

Great podcast though!  I'm a big fan.

I agree!

have watched their raiders and star wars episodes and the musical analysis is on point. its nice to see them take a look at the different implementations of themes as well as the action music and other fun parts of the scores.

also great to hear some fellow aussies breaking out into the musical podcast scene.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, JTWfan77 said:

Is this podcast still available somewhere? The link in the first post is defunct.

Just type "Rebel Force Radio" into your podcast app of choice, all the Oxygen episodes are right there

Or check out his newer podcast instead https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28302-new-score-podcast-david-w-collins-is-back/

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Did we ever get an explanation for why this podcast just suddenly stopped right before TLJ? 

RFR got criticized by other podcasts for certain things, and got LFL, and those associated with them, to distance themselves from RFR, including Collins.

2 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

And for the better. "The Soundtrack Show" is amazing! David has also confirmed that he'll (re-)cover all SW films eventually.

Great, I hope so. I was so looking forward to some analysis of The Last Jedi with the same depth he gave The Force Awakens.

9 hours ago, Fal J. M. Skywalker said:

RFR got criticized by other podcasts for certain things, and got LFL, and those associated with them, to distance themselves from RFR, including Collins.

Why?

Karol

I think "Jimmy Mac," the other co-host of SWO and I think one of the driving forces behind RFR at large, went on a rant about female protagonists in Star Wars films or something.  I don't think LFL distanced themselves from Collins, though, since he continues to host SW Celebration events and red carpet broadcasts routinely.

I meant Collins and LFL distanced themselves from RFR.

All I remember was the rant about a ScreenRant journalist who was asking Kathleen Kennedy questions.

• 2 weeks later...