The Force Awakens LA Premiere - Photos & Stories

karelm

Wow, I just got back from the Star Wars premiere in Hollywood (no, I didn't see the film, just the red carpet) and saw Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, JJ Abrams, Max von Sydow, Andy Serkis, George Lucas, John Williams, Frank Oz, Daisy Ridley​!! JJ Abrams and Andy Serkis came up to our little area for selfies and autographs. It was very exciting to see so many stars. It was very cool and so exciting! Woohoo!

Wow, I just got back from the Star Wars premiere in Hollywood (no, I didn't see the film, just the red carpet) and saw Harrison Ford, JJ Abrams, Max von Sydow, Andy Serkin, George Lucas, Daisy Ridley​!! JJ Abrams and Andy Serkin came up to our little area for selfies and autographs. It was very exciting to see so many stars. It was very cool and so exciting! Woohoo!

Wow! You're pretty lucky. I'd heard that a lot of fans who showed up couldn't see anything because of security precautions, etc.

Does Williams ever show up at premieres? I would think he was probably invited to this. It doesn't really seem like the type of thing he'd do, but I guess you never know...

You can watch it live here: http://www.starwars.com/

Edit: Wait a tick, is that new music? Scroll back, it might have something new.

Nice! Those guys came buy and said: "hey, we're from Star Wars.com...everyone yell 'Star Wars'" and we did. They asked if anyone wanted to be interviewed and a few fans did.

JW is there!!! I saw him in the SW.com stream

Cool! I actually was kind of expecting him not to show up because he's more of a quiet person, but I guess he made sure not to miss it.

Big spoiler below so read on your own risk, a reference to a track title in the dialogue:

"Han meets Kylo at the Starkiller base/planet and tries to persuade him to return with him. "I am

torn apart, father. But I know what I must do. Can you help me?" - "Of course, my son." They almost embrace. Kylo pierces Han with lightsaber. "Thank you, father." Dead Han falls into the shaft on the Starkiller base. Yes, he is dead. Most definitely."

Lol at that woman confusing Frank Oz for John Williams.

Might say a thing or two about the prominence of the new themes:

"Order of cast prominence, in ascending order 5) Driver 4) Boyega 3) BB-8 2) Ford 1)Ridley."

""ABRAMS: John Williams and I worked on the score of han getting shot in the ass for twelve weeks""

Andy Serkin

Is he a relative of John William?

He's gollum from lord of the rings. Very nice man he spent some time with fans signing autographs.

Edit: Oops, sorry his last name is Serkis! I also saw frank oz and someone from game of thrones. I don't watch the show so I didn't recognize who it was, just another beauty.

psycho.jpg

I think that we're all in our private traps, clamped in them, and none of us can ever get out...

I think Williams felt very comfortable working with J.J. Baby, and is clearly happy to be there. It's sad that he's not directing the rest of the trilogy, but I hope he's actively involved at least in the scoring process of the next episodes.

True. She is our savior.

They go out for dinner regularly. Could she slip something into his drink and get him to sign the contract that way?

That's possible.

It's sad that he's not directing the rest of the trilogy, but I hope he's actively involved at least in the scoring process of the next episodes.

All we need is Kathleen Kennedy to be involved in the scoring process!

I think she is! She's one of the main reasons why Williams scored TFA.

That's Kate Capshaw. Eek!

Also, Spielberg clearly looks pissed off that Williams chose Star Wars over him. You can see the disdain in his eyes.

That's Kate Capshaw?

That's Kate Capshaw. Eek!

Also, Spielberg clearly looks pissed off that Williams chose Star Wars over him. You can see the disdain in his eyes.

That's Kate Capshaw?

Or Kate Capsize as I like to call her.

I could see a more wisely Professor Jones driven Indy 5 happening in the next 2 or 3 years, but Spielberg needs to get off his ass and make it happen. It needs to be a lot more mature than KOTCS, closer to the vein of ROTLA.

Hamill is a splitting image of McGregor in ROTS in that photo. Same hair and beard. Obviously a clue to the direction the series takes in Episode 8.

It's just great to see Williams happy and smiling. I thought the whole process of scoring TFA might've exhausted him, especially coupled with his health issues earlier in the year.

Lo and behold, he looks as sprightly as ever. Wonderful!

And he has his purple "mood turtleneck" on. Which must mean "energetic and happy".