The Force Awakens LA Premiere - Photos & Stories

karelm

No, it must mean he's ill.

:(

Apparently it was very cold out there on the red carpet. I mean the weather, not the reception.

Is that Williams' wife beside him?

His daughter. She has been attending quite few of these events with him in the recent years. E.g. she was with him in the John Williams Celebration concert at Walt Disney Hall in 2014.

Oh, but your shoulders are equally as great, John, if not greater, than the shoulders you stand on. And none of your music will ever be forgotten, and certainly never rightfully so.

John Williams definitely belongs to the tradition of the great masters and there are some composers who are rightfully considered as "great" that have accomplished much less than him. When some historical detachment will allow it, he will enter the regular books of music history, hopefully along with several other film composers.

I'm not sure that having accomplished more has a meaning. In a way that Mahler, Ives or Ravel didn't really compose that much, Ravel has written something like 6 hours of composition in his life.

Here's a 42 picture slideshow of the premiere which includes some shots of Williams

http://www.classicfm.com/pictures/star-wars-force-awakens-premiere/john-williams-and-jj-abrams/

Here's some more pictures including Joseph Gordon Levitt dressed up at Yoda

http://www.gamesradar.com/everything-you-need-know-about-star-wars-force-awakens-premiere

I can't listen right now - how does his voice sound?

Sounds great, healthy, and happy.

More stories:

Mark Hamill and Lucas carpooled in the same limo so crowd went nuts when both walked out.

I noticed when JJ came up to us, his wife stayed back and was just taking it all in with a huge smile of pride.

Yes, it was very cold (for LA) and gusty last night.

He is an artist.

He should have a wide brimmed hat then to go with the scarf!

I just realized something (and I may be wrong) - there is still no official (i.e. StarWars.com or press release) confirmation of what Max Von Sydow's role is in TFA, is there?

His casting was one of those things that interested me, and then I forgot about as we were fed information about Rey/Finn/Poe/Kylo/Phasma/Hux. I'm intrigued to find out more on Saturday.

I just realized something (and I may be wrong) - there is still no official (i.e. StarWars.com or press release) confirmation of what Max Von Sydow's role is in TFA, is there?

His casting was one of those things that interested me, and then I forgot about as we were fed information about Rey/Finn/Poe/Kylo/Phasma/Hux. I'm intrigued to find out more on Saturday.

His scenes have been cut from the films.

Lovely to see him take Jennifer out for another stately event! Btw, is Kyle Newman one of THE Newmans?

I don't think so, just a big Star Wars fan, his brother Kevin Newman is the designer for The Simpsons and Futurama.

There was a recent interview with Daniels that discusses his feud with Kenny Baker, and that sometimes people find him a little bit prickly. But I think mainly the latter comes from his feeling of ownership over the character.

If you guys haven't seen it, skip to about the 3/4 point of the StarWars.com red carpet feed and watch Carrie Fisher, Oscar Isaac, and Billie Lourd's interview. Fisher has been on fire during this press tour.