StarWars.com Livestream of Force Awakens Red Carpet premiere includes Star Wars music (UPDATE: No new Williams material was used)

Lewya

www.starwars.com. The music that plays before the livestream. Of course much of it is old, but some of it could be new, listening now.

Thanks for noticing that! That music at the beginning of the live stream certainly sounds new. It sounds Williams-esque, and I have to admit I really like it. Whoever it's by, it is a stunningly beautiful melody. (Could plausibly be the end of the end credits.) But is it actually Williams?

www.starwars.com. The music that plays before the livestream. Of course much of it is old, but some of it could be new, listening now.

Thanks for noticing that! That music at the beginning of the live stream certainly sounds new. It sounds Williams-esque, and I have to admit I really like it. Whoever it's by, it is a stunningly beautiful melody. (Could plausibly be the end of the end credits.) But is it actually Williams?

What time?

Not sure how I feel about that festive "major key" Imperial March...hope that's not from the score...

What time?

Starting at the very beginning, the first couple minutes.

Problem with the music is mixed by those shit Trailer versions, so it's hard to tell what's really new Williams

I thought there was a new cool bombastic version of Leia's theme at the beginning but it goes into that choral version of Han and Leia from the trailer

That first music I thought was Williams, but now the rest just seems to be odd medleys. I mean, Ewok theme mixed with with Vader's theme? Seriously? Could that actually be something Williams wrote for TFA?

Whoops. My bad, that's definitely Luke and Leia's theme, not new music. Don't know what I was thinking. Probably got lots of people's hopes up. Sorry.

I dunno, I'm not convinced the runners of this stream would have been given the TFA OST to use as a music bed when there's already 12 hours of Star Wars music to choose from

Much of it is old but some stuff sounded new, but I haven't gone through most of it. That version of the Imperial March is new for instance, I haven't heard it at least but might be something else from The Rebels by Kiner or something i'm not familar with. Need to give it another listen, I didn't recognize it at least.

I dunno, I'm not convinced the runners of this stream would have been given the TFA OST to use as a music bed when there's already 12 hours of Star Wars music to choose from

The Battle of the Five Armies Stream had music from the BOTFA OST...

Did anyone record it?

You can scroll back in the stream and listen to the earlier stuff. You can hear it at 1 hour 1 minute 20 seconds in or something like that.

Yeah, it sounds like something from The Rebells by Kiner.

Esther, you're back! Welcome back!

That Imperial March variation does not sound like a Williams arrangement and certainly doesn't sound like what I expect the TFA score to sound like

The new Star Wars score:

Over 100 minutes of ureleased Music by John Williams

Over 100 minutes of unreleased music by random trailer guys

Over 12 minutes of the album conducted by some other guy

Cellar Song by jjabrams and whatever

Did anyone record it?

You can scroll back in the stream and listen to the earlier stuff. You can hear it at 1 hour 1 minute 20 seconds in or something like that.

Yeah, it sounds like something from The Rebells by Kiner.

There's interviews going on at the hour mark on my side. No worries... I'll hear the real music in 4 or less days anyway. I've waited over two years for this so I can wait a few more days.

I thought there was a new cool bombastic version of Leia's theme at the beginning but it goes into that choral version of Han and Leia from the trailer

Looks like that was the part replaced by Confidential Musics Piano bit.

ok, so none of the music is new Williams

it makes no sense, if it was that good they'd be showing it off ,no? why use old stuff and other composers?

I'm a bit worried about the new themes

Well I skipped through the stream and heard nothing that sounds like it would be the TFA OST.

So we got a false alarm here, nothing to see - music wise, I mean! It's still cool that something like this is streamed in general :)

But who came up with the name Augie?

That is a mystery we will probably never find out.