The Force Awakens SPOILERS ALLOWED Discussion Thread

Jay

23 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

It wouldn't have worked.

The way Han silently strokes his son's face before falling to his death is just fine the way it is.

Yeah.

I would have added a line of dialogue ("im so sorry") kind of han blaming himslef for Kylo fall to the dark side. If they wanted to add turmoil to him.. if he is supposed to be killed for bad person, then no more grey area.

1 minute ago, BloodBoal said:

I would prefer this over Rey being a Skywalker or/and a Solo, because it would make for a nice "Kenobi trained a Skywalker who then trains a Kenobi" thing.

But ultimately, I'm still on the "I don't want her to be related to any of the main characters of the previous films" side.

Agreed.

11 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Yeah.

I would have added a line of dialogue ("im so sorry") kind of han blaming himslef for Kylo fall to the dark side. If they wanted to add turmoil to him.. if he is supposed to be killed for bad person, then no more grey area.

Kylo should gave said, "You did this to me." 

Han replies, "I know."

*falls*

26 minutes ago, Jay said:

Glancing through the comments, there is a bit of love for her being both Obi-Wan's granddaughter and Luke's daughter, Luke having hooked up with Obi-Wan's theoretical daughter.

Maybe the Star Wars galaxy has a sperm bank. I can't imagine that Obi-Wan wasted precious water while on Tatooine, but he may have left seed on Coruscant that helped pay for his Jedi Academy education, and that's how his brood was sired. 

On Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 1:37 PM, serenifly said:

Glancing through the comments, there is a bit of love for her being both Obi-Wan's granddaughter and Luke's daughter, Luke having hooked up with Obi-Wan's theoretical daughter.

Fanboys get the best of both worlds, but it strains credulity something fierce.

1 hour ago, nightscape94 said:

Fanboys get the best of both worlds, but it strains credulity something fierce.

Doesn't bother me too much either way who Rey is/is not blood related too. There has to be some strong connection/history to Luke for TFA to make sense to me though.

• 3 years later...
On December 16, 2015 at 12:30 PM, BloodBoal said:

The Force Awakens was basically Star Wars: Playing It Safe. Hopefully, Episode VIII will be Star Wars: Taking Some Risks!

In hindsight, Bloodboal's prediction was pretty well correct.