Predict the Tomatometer of The Force Awakens

King Mark

I honestly don't see this getting lower than 80 unless it's just a total disappointment. I think there are a lot more people who want this to be good than bad, including critics who are actually often overly generous to hyped blockbusters when they even marginally deliver (Star Trek 09 has 95, Deathly Hallows 2 has 96, Avengers has 92). I wouldn't be surprised at all if it ends up that high, but I would guess around high 80s for this.

Also remember that on Rotten Tomatoes, 0 star reviews count the same as 2.5 star reviews. It's just pass or fail, doesn't matter how good or bad the rating is.

I honestly don't see this getting lower than 80 unless it's just a total disappointment. I think there are a lot more people who want this to be good than bad, including critics who are actually often overly generous to hyped blockbusters when they even marginally deliver (Star Trek 09 has 95, Deathly Hallows 2 has 96, Avengers has 92). I wouldn't be surprised at all if it ends up that high, but I would guess around high 80s for this.

Also remember that on Rotten Tomatoes, 0 star reviews count the same as 2.5 star reviews. It's just pass or fail, doesn't matter how good or bad the rating is.

Yeah, if mediocre films like Harry 7.2 and The Avengers can get high rating, then this could too.

yes, but reviewers might be more critical of a new Star Wars film than let it just pass

it could be nitpicked to death from the getgo and have a low rating

yes, but reviewers might be more critical of a new Star Wars film than let it just pass

it could be nitpicked to death from the getgo and have a low rating

I definitely think they'll be harder on it if it's no better than an average Marvel movie, but I think most critics would rather write a positive review because that's what people want to read. We live in a world where critics get spammed with death threats for hating insanely hyped movies. If it's good enough to get away with giving it 3 stars, even if they think it's more like 2.5 stars, then I think just as many will try to justify liking it as those who go out of their way to hate it.

If it does really suck, though, then it'll be open season.

The MAIN worry for me is Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher, if they can't get into character anymore it could sink the film right there

We know Harrison Ford will be "ok" at worse

I still get bad flashback from Karen Allen in KotCS. She was way worse than anyone else. Like some actress they pulled out of a 30 years retirement and couldn't act anymore

And Carrie Fisher seems a bit "weird" in her recent TV appearances

Maybe it's the real reason they haven't show them in the trailers

Karen Allen is the most extreme example. I'm curious and terrified to hear Carrie Fisher speak in this. For the past decade or so, she has this awful mush mouth that's more grating than Jar Jar.

Karen Allen is the most extreme example. I'm curious and terrified to hear Carrie Fisher speak in this. For the past decade or so, she has this awful mush mouth that's more grating than Jar Jar.

That has absolutely been my worst fear about this film too. It will likely lower the general rating by a couple of notches.

If Mark Hamill can act in this as well as he has lately as the Trickster in The Flash, it should be all right.

But what about Fisher's mush mouth?!!! Doesn't that concern you?

I say 65-70%

The negative reviews will be VERY negative

So you're saying it will get the Attack of the Clones type of rating and will be below Revenge of the Sith?

Karol

I still get bad flashback from Karen Allen in KotCS. She was way worse than anyone else. Like some actress they pulled out of a 30 years retirement and couldn't act anymore

Well, Karen Allen was in The Perfect Storm so it wasn't quite that long. 2000, was it?

Karol

It'll start high and steadily drop over the days before settling down at about 80%. At which time people will return to using RT to "win" arguments on the internet again - eventually claiming at a later date that aggregate sites are meaningless to them, when it's convenient to do so. Circle of life.

It will be too high, like on all big new movies with a lot of hype attached.

I miss the period when critics looked down on easy blockbusters and how they alienated themselves from the masses by doing so.