The Force Awakens ALBUM Discussion (No Film Spoilers)

rebekahnoelleparker

a disgrace

My opinions on some pieces will also go up when I can crank them on headphones instead of listening on Dell computer speakers, too :P

Fucking hell!

The Moderator of JWfan listening for the first time on computer speakers!

I bet it's laptop speakers too

After seeing this film, I just can't understand all these necative comments. Must be missing so much music. I think I will skip this album and waite for the expanded edition.

you'll only listen to this in 50 years?

I

And I'm not sure if I'm just being obtuse, but I don't know which of the motifs here belong to Kylo Ren.

Track 1 4:20, 5:32, and 6:13 are one part of it.

it's not there? fuck, better save that video

Is that really intense force theme from the 60 minutes piece anywhere in the OST. Not the one that's in Scherzo? I haven't heard it any I've listened to yet.

Is that really intense force theme from the 60 minutes piece anywhere in the OST. Not the one that's in Scherzo? I haven't heard it any I've listened to yet.

That's it!

I thought I heard it... maybe in Maz's Counsel or The Way Of The Force?

I thought I heard it... maybe in Maz's Counsel or The Way Of The Force?

Thanks it is actually also in Scherzo at the end, just heard it :P

Maybe both. But definitely Star Wars.

The best way I can describe it is the music has a sunset-y quality about it. Everything has a tinge of gentle sadness about it. Which is actually a bit odd in the context of a movie that's supposed to launch a new Star Wars trilogy.

So you said "not the one in Scherzo", but now you say you were talking about that one the whole time?

Oops, its because both of the force themes in the 60 minutes are in Scherzo but the better one is at the very end and I hadn't finished it all through. :P

The best way I can describe it is the music has a sunset-y quality about it. Everything has a tinge of gentle sadness about it. Which is actually a bit odd in the context of a movie that's supposed to launch a new Star Wars trilogy.

I get what you mean, but I'm not entirely convinced that's how I perceive it. Or how I hope to perceive it.

Ah ok

I think all the 60 minutes pieces are on the OST?

There's a short bit that didn't appear in the film at all, and isn't to be found on the OST either.

Yes, it has a "the story continues, but this is where I leave you" vibe from Williams, especially in the last track, even if Williamsdoes not in fact leave it.

Does anyone actually think the transition from the Force Theme to the End Credits in this or Revenge of the Sith sounds good? What the fuck was Williams thinking both times?

I didn't notice any problems

Nothing will ever be as elegant as the ANH, TESB, and AOTC finale into end credits transitions

Does anyone actually think the transition from the Force Theme to the End Credits in this or Revenge of the Sith sounds good? What the fuck was Williams thinking both times?

Lol, I like both transitions. My only issue with this one is the cymbal crash seems misplaced. A second earlier, perhaps?

There is no evidence that John Williams will not score the other two. Especially now that he seems to be in good health again.

Please do not suggest or spread falsehoods!

He probably won't. I imagine this took a lot of energy out of him, and I'm not sure he'd be willing to invest all that again, especially into a new director he's unfamiliar with.

And when is Spielberg's Ready Player One to be expected again?

I haven't heard the score yet personally, but I'm getting a "Star Trek Nemesis" vibe from the reception. A lot of the respective composer's standard bag of tricks done in a more melancholy light.

He probably won't. I imagine this took a lot of energy out of him, and I'm not sure he'd be willing to invest all that again, especially into a new director he's unfamiliar with.

Thats just an assumption on your part!

I'd certainly like him to! Hopefully give him the chance to properly develop his new ideas, something he didn't really get to do with the prequels.

There's enough time between The BFG and Ready Player One that Williams COULD score Episode 8, I think it all depends on if he WANTS to score Episode 8