The Force Awakens ALBUM Discussion (No Film Spoilers)

rebekahnoelleparker

I think a slight misstep is that the Resistance march probably works better as a villainous theme. Not sure why it wasn't used for Kylo Ren/First Order sequences tbh.

BTW does anyone else think the opening of "Kylo Ren Arrives at the Battle" sounds sort of like the opening of "Carrying Home Mother" from AOTC?

John Williams mentioned in interviews back in the day that he sighed up for the new trilogy. There hasn't been any news stating that that is different now

Yeah I kinda thought that it went without saying he was planning to do all 3? BFG early 2016, Ep 8 very late 2016, and Ready Player One somewhere after that. He can handle it.

John Williams mentioned in interviews back in the day that he sighed up for the new trilogy. There hasn't been any news stating that that is different now

Yep, that's all we know and anything else is pure speculation.

Kathleen Kennedy also announced he'd do all three

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/john-williams-score-star-wars-episodes-vii-ix/

But things change. Especially when he'll be 84 with a pacemaker when scoring needs to be done.

Lucasfilm stated different, saying he was only signed up for VII.

Yeah I kinda thought that it went without saying he was planning to do all 3? BFG early 2016, Ep 8 very late 2016, and Ready Player One somewhere after that. He can handle it.

Episode 8 recording sessions will probably be in February 2017, also known as the month JW turns 85.

Really hoping he will do The BFG, Episode 8 and Ready Player One at least... but of course I want more than that but these three doesn't seem too unrealistic if he stays healthy.

Kathleen Kennedy also announced he'd do all three

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/john-williams-score-star-wars-episodes-vii-ix/

But things change. especially when you'll be 84 with a pacemaker when scoring needs to be done.

Recent footage indicates to me he appears delighted and capable of continuing, and he has said in past interviews he can't imagine ever stopping. I mean, he's still going, relatively healthy at 83. Don't see any particular reason he won't keep going, unless of course there are unforeseen medical difficulties, but again that seems like needless speculation. At this stage I'm pretty sure he fully intends to at least do Ep 8 and will surely want to finish all 9: an epic career achievement, a life's work, a masterpiece.

So in the final track, the End Credits start at 2:12, meaning the actual end credits part of the track is 6:39.

That interview with JJ said the end credits were 8 minutes long, so the OST could feature a cut-down version of the full piece.

?

?

They tweeted it right after Rian Johnson was announced for 8.

Or he considered the full track as the End Credits cue

I don't think its cut down

But the full track is 9 minutes long.

?

They tweeted it right after Rian Johnson was announced for 8.

Oh I never saw that tweet. Was it on LFL's Twitter account?

I do wonder how different the original score recorded in the spring and early summer is compared to the rewrites and inserts recorded this fall

Back to the action music... I even like some of the unreleased AOTC action music like the Yoda/ Dooku fight more than the action music here.

Back to the action music... I even like some of the unreleased AOTC action music like the Yoda/ Dooku fight more than the action music here.

Really? Ive always found the ROTS action music extremely underwelming

I agree with you, ROTS action music is incredibly underwhelming.

But I don't know what that has to do with what I said, which was that I liked a cue from AOTC.