Star Wars: The Force Awakens - The Quotable Lines Thread

God, really? Why not just use the spoilers allowed thread for this?

And you didn't even spell the movie's name correctly in the thread title!

For some reason, I laughed the most at this movie when they entered the cantina and two characters immediately informed the First Order/Resistance that the characters had arrived. It felt like satire since the EU had stupidly established that every alien in the Mos Eisley Cantina was with either the Rebellion or the Empire, rather than just having a drink.

I think all the humor in this movie works incredible well: BB8 (all of its scenes), Han (every fucking line), Finn (great quemistry of Boyega with Ridley and Ford), Chewie (when a nurse is healing him), and even Kylo Ren! ("Anything else?" and when he call the stormtroopers and they turned around),

When Oscar Isaac asks Kylo Ren who talks first

That line single-handedly broke the ice for the movie. Great introduction to that character as well.

I loved the scene with the two Stormtroopers stopping and slowly backing away when Ren was going ballistic.

But will Poe Dameron shoot first?

Anyone else feel that part where Han throws the dude into the Rathtar's mouth was a slight nod to the Greedo/Shoot First debacle?

That moment where Finn is talking about all these things they need to do to figure out where Rey is and Han is motioning his head to look behind him and Finn is asking him what he's doing seems very Kasdan to me.

"Who's gonna start talking, you? Me?"

Or something like that. Really nice moment that kinda came out of nowhere

I didn't like that...felt like it was breaking the fourth wall by acknowledging how scripted hero/villain confrontations can seem. Not very star warsy

"You know you can't trust those little freaks"

I don't know why but that was one of my favorites. I never expected to hear Han say "little freaks".

Also

"You're Han Solo??"
"I used to be!"

Wasn't there a story that Boyega told at Comic Con or something about Ford actually using that line on someone when they asked if he was Harrison Ford? That's great.

Not quotable necessarily, but I enjoyed that exchange with Poe christening FN-2187 "Finn" as they're getting situated in the TIE Fighter. "FN, huh? Nah, how about I call you Finn?" Just made me smile with that little moment amidst the action, and Finn's excitement over getting a name. It also gave it a nice extra weight when he introduces himself as "Finn" to Rey. It shows him further claiming the new identity for himself, but also masking his previous one from her.

These are all memorable/noteworthy/fun quotes, but I'm not really reading about QUOTABLE quotes...............nothing that stands up to the countless quotables from the OT. To qualify as quotable, the expressions have to be 1) unique 2) usable in everyday settings and 3) extremely memorable, either from a classic moment in the film and/or delivered by a very memorable character/voice (e.g. Vader).

Can't think of any that really qualify as quotable that weren't already established/rehashed from the OT....

These are all memorable/noteworthy/fun quotes, but I'm not really reading about QUOTABLE quotes...............nothing that stands up to the countless quotables from the OT. To qualify as quotable, the expressions have to be 1) unique 2) usable in everyday settings and 3) extremely memorable, either from a classic moment in the film and/or delivered by a very memorable character/voice (e.g. Vader).

Can't think of any that really qualify as quotable that weren't already established/rehashed from the OT....

Sometimes the stuff that catches on in that way is surprising. Something from this film will suddenly start spreading like wildfire in a few years that will seem completely random. Who would have called "Many Bothans have died to bring you this information" in 1983?

Actually, there's one for sure from this film: "It's true. All of it. The dark side. The Jedi. They're real." was instantly quotable and adaptable. The structure of it is rock solid, I don't think that one's ever going away.

I think the line that Poe Dameron makes upon the attack against the Starkiller, "While there is still light, there is still hope" has so many meanings not just in this film in particular, but for the entire series.

The line in The Force Awakens specifically at the moment that Poe states it has to do with the light of the sun that is powering the Starkiller. It also has to do with the internal struggle that a central characteris going through between the Dark Side and the "light". I do not want to give away any spoliers but one of my favorite scenes is when there is still "light" from the sun and the light in the "son" turns to darkness when the sun's "darkness" begins.

In the rest of the saga the emphasis on "light" and dark has always been there. In ROTJ Luke talks about the "good" still in Vader. In TFA another character uses the term "Light". In ROTS Padme pleads with Anakin to flee with her, knowing he still has one last chance to escape the Dark Side.

This!