The United States Army Field Band Premieres Force Awakens Music Live

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Full disclosure: arranger here at the Army Field Band. We got the OK just one week before this performance, with Score and parts over email., with stipulation it would only be performed on day of the

OK, it's on youtube now!      

And here it is!! Force Awakens concert suite by the US Marine Band     

I really like this tempo.

Yeah, funny how listening to the original after this it sounds sooo lethargic (to be expected really) but I think the speed really works better for the style of writing. But of course Williams is a bit beholden to the pacing of the scene.

I really like this tempo.

Yeah, funny how listening to the original after this it sounds sooo lethargic (to be expected really) but I think the speed really works better for the style of writing. But of course Williams is a bit beholden to the pacing of the scene.

The kind of writing of this piece demands a lighter tempo, otherwise, the long sustained notes of Luke's Theme slow down the movement, if only at a psychological level. I like that the conductor here took that decision.

I'm not sure if its "Asteroid Field" level material, but that's a great performance! I wonder how much time they had with the arrangement.

I do not understand these sorts of comparisons. the asteroid field is one of the best film cues ever composed. of course a given piece is not going to measure up to such a standard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...