The Force Awakens: What would you change and how?

leeallen01

How many times does someone on here have to say "can't you just enjoy it and not analyse and nitpick everything?!" If the world was run according to those people, it would be. "I liked The Force Awakens, what did you think?" "I didn't like it. Goodbye." And we'd all fall into a coma.

I'm not sure whether you realise where you are...this is a place specifically designed for people to create a topic and discuss it ferociously until there's nothing left to discuss except the choice of paint that the First Order had in their toilets.

That's all fair enough, but do you acknowledge and accept that others with different views to your own may find your own comprehensive issues and grievances with this movie (and perhaps others) to be 'nitpicky' in nature?

We aren't all Star Wars fanboys here btw, you can say whatever the hell you like about this new one. But people will always shout out a nitpicker.

How many times does someone on here have to say "can't you just enjoy it and not analyse and nitpick everything?!" If the world was run according to those people, it would be. "I liked The Force Awakens, what did you think?" "I didn't like it. Goodbye." And we'd all fall into a coma.

I'm not sure whether you realise where you are...this is a place specifically designed for people to create a topic and discuss it ferociously until there's nothing left to discuss except the choice of paint that the First Order had in their toilets.

That's all fair enough, but do you acknowledge and accept that others with different views to your own may find your own comprehensive issues and grievances with this movie (and perhaps others) to be 'nitpicky' in nature?

We aren't all Star Wars fanboys here btw, you can say whatever the hell you like about this new one. But people will always shout out a nitpicker.

Of course. People can say it's nitpicking, just as much as I can say it's fun.

Can't believe no one's mentioned it yet... but I would not have killed off Solo. I decided I would've liked the film better if there was a chance we'd see the Big Three together again. Actor/Contract-wise, I get it (Ford wanted his Mouse Money but only once), but storywise, was it necessary?

I also think Star Wars movies should never again attempt a Cantina sequence. It's pointless to try and out-do the original (or Jabba's Palace for that matter) , and those Aliens were tough to see and appreciate.

I'm sure Ford would not have reprised the role if Han would not have died. He's always maintained Han should have died in ROTJ.

Absolutely. Yes, I understand why it was done. I just would rather he hadn't died. It ultimately is never fulfilling seeing how your hero goes out, no matter the method. It's better left to your imagination... much like prequel stories. It's better to never see it played out. But they did the impossible: They got Mark, Carrie, AND Harrison back together, but... not really. Missed opportunity, say I.

Personally I enjoyed the story.

I guess it must be new and fresh to those who never saw Star Wars (1977).

So because I'm younger then the movie, means I haven't see it. You're logic is superb. I guess someone who was born in 1979 Hasn't seen it either then..

Criticisms I understand, but I don't quite get what the point is of all these plot fan-rewrites?

This.

These are just fans trying to put their finger on how they felt about the film.

A lot of people seem to feel this one starts off promising, but then it crams too much of the same shit we've already seen in the other ones. Snoke's introduction, Han's death, Rey becoming a Jedi and confronting Kylo, and the Starkiller destruction kinda felt like Abrams and Kasdan blowing the story's load prematurely. Although I guess it'll be interesting to see where they take it.

A lot of people seem to feel this one starts off promising, but then it crams too much of the same shit we've already seen in the other ones. Snoke's introduction, Han's death, Rey becoming a Jedi and confronting Kylo, and the Starkiller destruction kinda felt like Abrams and Kasdan blowing the story's load prematurely. Although I guess it'll be interesting to see where they take it.

I agree with most of your points here. I just interpreted Kylo and Ren lightsaber fight as two untrained warrirors-to-be, neither having mastery of their chosen force...not the strongest but it works because they established early that she's pretty good in a fight. In short, they both had access to weaponry beyond their expertise and we've seen this often in the other movies.

I would not have any Skywalker/Solos born with "too much Vader" in them. Making evil genetic in Star Wars is lame. I would not have it be a remake of ANH. I would not have JJ Abrams direct. I would tweak Lucas' story rather than scrapping it and rebooting it. I would also make sure the heroes were heroic, not just super defense squad who kills captives.

Personally I enjoyed the story.

I guess it must be new and fresh to those who never saw Star Wars (1977).

So because I'm younger then the movie, means I haven't see it. You're logic is superb. I guess someone who was born in 1979 Hasn't seen it either then..

You didn't understand my comment. I just didn't expect that someone who has seen Star Wars (1977) can actually praise the story of The Force Awakens because it's more or less a copy of Star Wars (1977). I guess that's good news for Disney for it means they can use the same story over and over again. The fans don't mind.

I would change the third act, instead of the Starkiller nonsense, which is basically Death Star III and which reinforces the Star Wars remake thing, they should have come up with something else, maybe the first order figuring out the map too and it's a race to get to Luke before the resistance, they could have their big battle there or something. Maybe that would suck, but I' m no writer.

Is it just me or was he making a weird face, like he smelled raw sewage? I'm not sure because I was seated directly in front of the screen in a reclining leather seat laying down, looking up and everything looked warped and bizarre.

Is it just me or was he making a weird face, like he smelled raw sewage?

I think he was trying to me an "epic" face. It was a bit over-the-top.

Is it just me or was he making a weird face, like he smelled raw sewage? I'm not sure because I was seated directly in front of the screen in a reclining leather seat laying down, looking up and everything looked warped and bizarre.

Maybe Rey just smelled really bad. I doubt they have showers on Jakku.

Is it just me or was he making a weird face, like he smelled raw sewage?

I think he was trying to me an "epic" face. It was a bit over-the-top.

Huh? People are moaning about his facial expression now? Good grief!

Hamill didn't do a thing wrong, ya weirdos!

The film was mediocre. Not sure what I'd change. I think Kylo's face reveal should have been saved for the Han confrontation bit though. Felt a tad too casual as it was. Rey's insta-jedi sabre skill against a trained master was like Kirk's insta-captain. Luke talked too much.