Rey's Theme – John Williams' Best Theme Yet?

BLUMENKOHL

Rey's Theme – John Williams' Best Theme Yet?   

104 members have voted

1. 1. Rey's Theme ? John Williams' Best Theme Yet?

• YES! Sweeping, malleable, chameleon, fresh, beautiful, and perfect!
    • NO! It's terrible!
    • Maybe, it's too early to tell, but it keeps growing on me!
    • I'm a Communist and believe all themes are equal, though Rey's Theme is more equal than other themes.
    • I don't have any opinion yet

• 1 month later...
On Saturday, March 19, 2016 at 10:46 PM, someonefun124 said:

Three months later and I'm still fascinated by Rey's theme.

I'm almost afraid to say this but replace fascinated with the word obsessed and that is me.

My lord...is that...legal?

Put me down as another still-frequent listener when it comes to TFA. Rey's theme doesn't move me quite as deeply as it did at its peak, but it's still a truly wonderful theme that's totally worthy of being included in the same franchise as such greats as the Force theme and whatnot. The score as a whole is very rewarding to listen to, particularly when you strategically combine the OST and FYC.

2 minutes ago, Strangways said:

By contrast Rey's theme is growing evermore and as I've said elsewhere, I seem particularly fond of its use in the end credits. The tying together of the Force Theme and this theme is something special.

That ending is one of Williams' best ever.  It's so glorious and uplifting.  

But that first one is a pretty epically awesome one. Probably contains my favourite bit!

There should probably be a law against removing such good stuff.

Disappointing doesn't even begin to describe it. :-(

4 hours ago, Mr. Big said:

It's a real shame that the end titles version of Rey's theme has apparently been cut from the blu-ray cut of the end credits.  

And they awkwardly added an edited version of Scherzo for X-Wings after her theme and before Ren's. 

2 minutes ago, someonefun124 said:

And they awkwardly added an edited version of Scherzo for X-Wings after her theme and before Ren's. 

I wonder what credits were added.  Was the blu-ray mastering team that big?

It never occurred to me that the credits would change on a home video release if the movie itself didn't change.  Is that a new thing, to include the blu ray team in the credits once it's released?

I didn't notice the change to the credits music initially, but you certainly notice once Scherzo for X-Wings starts. Overall the change is pretty inoffensive.

Wait what? I didn't even know they changed end credits on bluray releases. That's kind of unfortunate if it messes up the music. 

Off-topic but did we ever get a high quality version of that brief Stat Wars concert with William Ross conducting at that Star Wars Land presentation thing?

Rey's Theme > Anything from the Prequels. That is an absolute!

Even Duel of the Fates which is still damn good.

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 7:42 PM, Demodex said:

I barely remember what Rey's theme sounds like. :sleepy:

It sounds like another ticket to heaven being punched.

I'm still having a hard time imagining Rey's theme existing in the Harry Potter world as many people have claimed.  It doesn't work for any of the Harry Potter characters.  Williams couldn't have made a better theme for Rey as it fits perfectly in the film and within the Star Wars universe.