Is Rey The Emperor's Daughter? [Possible Film Spoilers!]

BLUMENKOHL

I don't notice the similarities between the themes.  In any case, the timeline doesn't work.  The Emperor was killed 30 years ago and Rey is presumable in her early 20s.  Unless his spirit conceived her at some point...

11 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

She is the corporeal manifestation of the Light Side of the Force. Brought forth to restore the balance.

Benjamin Sisko, sent by The Prophets to save the godforsaken Galaxy? 

She is literally a Rey of light. 

Though I read that the Emperor froze his sperm in the Dark Side Fertility Centre in the Republic and Rey was born from a woman who used it. Apparently for the last 30 years a few kids have been born from his donation, and the republic have been sending constant unanswered demands for child support payments, so the First Order destroyed the Republic to stop them.

3 hours ago, leeallen01 said:

Though I read that the Emperor froze his sperm in the Dark Side Fertility Centre in the Republic and Rey was born from a woman who used it. Apparently for the last 30 years a few kids have been born from his donation, and the republic have been sending constant unanswered demands for child support payments, so the First Order destroyed the Republic to stop them.

What visual stimuli did the Imperial Sperm Bank provide to its dear leader in his private room at the clinic to ensure he was properly aroused?

If Rey is Palpy's daughter, it would suggest either there are more offspring around or he cloned himself like in the comics and he's in hiding. Neither option is likely because they both present a threat to Snoke and his apprentice, and they are currently running the Force show in the galaxy, only worrying about Luke. 

I still think Rey was brainwashed by Jedi, and the Force awakened in her when it felt she was needed. 

4 hours ago, Lhokne Mulb said:

I haven't had any crazy theories for a while, so here we go. 

...I'm listening to the Scavenger, and the rhythmic piano section of Rey's theme (starts at 1:03) sounds eerily similar to the Emperor's Theme. Sort of like Anakin's Theme was a bright and cheery version of Darth Vader's theme?

Is the Skywalker gone bad, and the Palpatine gone good this time? Is this why Luke gives Rey the death stare at the end?! :o

I think you have a point, but it could also be a reflection on her heredity.

If you rearrange the letters of Rey, you get Eyr, which is an old way of saying Air. When Salacious Crumb used to laugh, it would sound like he was saying "air air air air air air air" thus confirming that Rey is Salacious Crumb reincarnated.

YODA - "In your solitude on Tatooine, training I have for you."

JABBA - "Tawa dah beeka umbah (Training?)"

YODA - "An old friend has learned the path to immortality. One who has returned from the netherworld of the Force. Your old Jester." 

JABBA - "Salacious!"

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2015 at 4:41 PM, Lhokne Mulb said:

I haven't had any crazy theories for a while, so here we go. 

...I'm listening to the Scavenger, and the rhythmic piano section of Rey's theme (starts at 1:03) sounds eerily similar to the Emperor's Theme. Sort of like Anakin's Theme was a bright and cheery version of Darth Vader's theme?

Is the Skywalker gone bad, and the Palpatine gone good this time? Is this why Luke gives Rey the death stare at the end?! :o

Actually if you listen to the last track (#23 The Jedi Steps and Finale between 1:03 and 1:11) you hear part of the Imperial March.

On 12/24/2015 at 5:06 PM, leeallen01 said:

The BoysGirl from BrazilNaboo?

• 3 years later...

I doubt there was anything to tell: the only concept in the film that strikes me as though it could have been in Abrams' mind during preproduction on The Force Awakens was that of a Force Dyad (i.e. Rey and Kylo balacing each other in The Force).

The idea that Rey is a Palpatine doesn't come off as planned. Besides, I doubt Williams would have cared.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I had somehow completely forgotten that Blume had already pointed out that Rey's theme contains elements of the Emperor's theme, 4 years before Mattris did.  Funny.

I think it also had been pointed out at the time by David Collins on his old Oxygen podcast

I came across the above on youtube where this video from 2017 makes an interesting case for Rey being a Palpatine. When it came to the bit about the music I wondered if/when anyone from here had talked about the connections between the themes and was pleased to find this thread! It does of course seem to be unlikely that Williams was given pre-emptive knowledge of Rey's heritage before he wrote her theme, although it would be interesting to get a definitive answer from the man himself.

Remember back in 2015 when you all were taking about the minor third interval that was very present in the TFA score? That also probably hinted at the Palpatine theme.

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

What it demonstrates is that Mattris got one over the whole forum, completely. Good on him. He outwitted every Star Wars fan on this site. Game set and match.

star wars holiday special GIF

2 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

Wait are we all pretending now that Rey's Theme hints at the Emperor's Theme?

No, no. That would be ridiculous. More plausible is the rising minor 3rd in both Rey's theme and the melody to the Jawa's music, which must mean that Rey is actually part Jawa. This would neatly explain why she was into selling old metal things on a desert planet in TFA. I mean, come on. It's completely obvious.

1 minute ago, Bespin said:

Rey Palpatine. That’s rudiculous!

Rey Skywalker. It’s a very beautiful moment because the last Palpatine has extinguished the entire Skywalker family line and now moves into their house, starts wearing their clothes, eating their food, and using their name due to their high social credit score. 

On 12/25/2015 at 5:41 AM, Blumenkohl said:

...I'm listening to the Scavenger, and the rhythmic piano section of Rey's theme (starts at 1:03) sounds eerily similar to the Emperor's Theme.

Back in 2015, I was like:

hmmm the emperor’s theme reappropriated for a new hero??? This is not the Star Wars I’m looking for! Is she related to old Palps??? 

After Tros: Okay fine so she’s somebody now. 

3 hours ago, Blumenkohl said:

Rey Skywalker. It’s a very beautiful moment because the last Palpatine has extinguished the entire Skywalker family line and now moves into their house, starts wearing their clothes, eating their food, and using their name due to their high social credit score. 

Bloody Scavenger!