The Force Awakens For Your Consideration (FYC) Album

Jay

Congratulations for winning the disc, Zaralyth. And welcome to the forum.

I hope it's lossless, although I'm pretty sure it is. And great music too!

It's funny, exactly one year ago today I won the HTTYD2 FYC disk for almost the same price.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

What audio is in your signature image?

My favourite song (:

Some jerk in Queensland won $70,000,000AU all to himself last night.

You could get Williams to conduct a 3 hour TFA symphony with the LSO using that money!

Just now, Zaralyth said:

Nope! I work at McDonald's though.

Next best thing! My sister worked there and she got free thickshakes and a McValue meal every shift. 

That's my idea of awesome.

37 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Next best thing! My sister worked there and she got free thickshakes and a McValue meal every shift. 

That's my idea of awesome.

Ew haha I haven't eaten the food in over a decade, I just work here. Surprisingly we didn't do any promotions for star wars though.

36 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Packaging looks damaged there.

I think that's just a circular, clear sticker meant to keep the disc inside the cardboard sleeve, or are you referring to something else?

Congrats on the big win, I'm lovin' it. 

As is customary on the forum you now must break the CD up into 20 proportionate pieces and mail them to the 20 high priests of JWFan as a sign of respect and a general offering of appeasement.

Start placing those bids on the new listing as an obvious replacement to this sacrificial gift.

1 hour ago, nightscape94 said:

Congrats on the big win, I'm lovin' it. 

As is customary on the forum you now must break the CD up into 20 proportionate pieces and mail them to the 20 high priests of JWFan as a sign of respect and a general offering of appeasement.

Start placing those bids on the new listing as an obvious replacement to this sacrificial gift.

Can't say I've ever done that to a CD before. I have had CDs arrive in pieces, though, which is always super-frustrating. 

You could do a YouTube destruction video too, just like those clickbait videos on the release day of a new iPhone! The key is to be as creative as possible in the destruction.

Your options really are endless!

8 hours ago, thx99 said:

Bloodboal, here's your chance to redeem yourself for your pitiful lie.  

They'll start trickling through now, one at a time and then more and more. That's when user Zaralyth's buyers remorse will set in. Soon you won't be able to give these away! 

4 minutes ago, Zaralyth said:

There will be a perfect flac rip because I am going to make one and share it as I intended to from the start. 

I was completely wrong!  The world needs more heroes like you!

2 minutes ago, ricsim88 said:

Just to be sure. What exactly do "they" say about us Canadians?

Oh you know, beady little eyes, flapping heads so full of lies

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Everything they say about Canadians is true!

Everything eh'?

51 minutes ago, Demodex said:

I thought we weren't supposed to post about sharing music. 

I read that it was only bad if you posted about where to get it 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Oh you know, beady little eyes, flapping heads so full of lies

I can confirm this is accurate. 

I'd heard that Canadians are excessively polite, love their hockey, curling, and Molson's (though not necessarily in that order), and have a funny way of saying "about".  (I think the Canadian accent is more noticeable on "sorry" and "been".)

What can I say-- just another ignorant American.

But do Canadians have an equivalent of Donald Trump running for Prime Minister-ship? ;)

I'm really looking forward to editing together the OST and FYC to make a completely chronological listening experience. The separated tracks are a little annoying too. Attack on the Jakku Village would work fine as a complete 8 minute opening track (not sure how to get that insert into the OST version though), and Follow Me & The Falcon would make for a great combined cue. End Credits wouldn't hurt having the March of the Resistance insert re-instated; I imagine that was only microedited to avoid repeating earlier material.

1 minute ago, Drax said:

Australia's already got one! And he's not Clive Palmer.

Abbott's more the equivalent of Ted Cruz. A fascist Sith Lord with a steadfast hatred of immigration despite being immigrants themselves.

1 minute ago, Drax said:

Abbott is no longer the PM. I meant Turnbull.

Turnbull's more the equivalent of, um... name a Presidential candidate who has sold their soul and their values for the sake of achieving power? Palpatine?

Abbott was more of a conserative populist ("fascist" is just a scary end-all term that people like to throw around without rhyme or reason, he never promoted violence or anti-democratic philosophy) and Turnbull is a centre-right pragmatist.

The Liberal Party is very split now because of the change in leadership, but I never minded either of them.

Yet again, I liked Rudd and Gillard too for some of their ambitious legislation.

Our new Prime Minister was recently elected. We booted out the Satan guy known as Steven Harper. Here's our new Prime Minister. I am proud to own and to wear this hoodie because Justin Trudeau is basically the best thing that ever happened to Canada in terms of politics 

trudeau2.png

40 minutes ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Let's also thank the brave soul wiling to cross Disney and put this up for sale in the first place!

I have often wondered about this. Like, with all the FYCs being sold, and with nothing being done about it, it doesn't seem like the Academy really cares all that much.

36 minutes ago, Drax said:

Could Disney/LFL confiscate the item from the winner?

It says on the back of most FYCs that it must be returned to the company upon request. The scariest one I've seen was on the FYC for How to Train Your Dragon 2..

"This CD is property of DreamWorks Animation, L.L.C. and is loaned to you, under license, for your personal consideration only during this awards season ending on February 22, 2015. It may be DIGITALLY WATERMARKED and TRACEABLE to YOU. Do not copy, upload to the internet, or publicly perform it. Do not loan, rent, sell, or give away. Unauthorized use may be prosecuted. DreamWorks Animation, L.L.C. reserves the right to require return of the CD album at any time."

1 hour ago, Drax said:

Yet again, I liked Rudd and Gillard too for some of their ambitious legislation.

The alcopop tax made me a very, very angry teenager, but it also ushered in the new generation of kids who buy straight spirits instead. Good stuff!