The Force Awakens For Your Consideration (FYC) Album

Jay

On 11/01/2016 at 0:21 AM, Mr. Big said:

I really love the warm "waking up music" at 0:29 or so of the FYC's "Farewell and the Trip"

I love this part too, and works charmingly after that introduction with celesta and string tremolos. Truly delicate writing.

On 1/10/2016 at 0:39 AM, rough cut said:

Zaralyth, congrats on the win!

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Flare said:

Zaralyth you're leaving BC fot New Zealand?

would you please leave the FYC behind for me please . . . .:sarcasm:

I won't be leaving for quite  along time, probably not until I retire, maybe not, I don't know :P

How exciting is this? The FYC article here on JWFAN is now trending on popular Australian freebie website, OzBargain. Lots of people are asking where Rey's Theme and Main Titles are though. :lol:

Free: Star Wars - The Force Awakens Movie Soundtrack Free MP3 Download

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/230198

It's funny.  I saw the JW Fan article posted on Reddit.  Two separate friends of mine actually linked me to it as well, having discovered it independently, not knowing what JW Fan was or that I was already aware of the article or the website.

10 hours ago, crumbs said:

How exciting is this? The FYC article here on JWFAN is now trending on popular Australian freebie website, OzBargain. Lots of people are asking where Rey's Theme and Main Titles are though. :lol:

Free: Star Wars - The Force Awakens Movie Soundtrack Free MP3 Download

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/230198

I remember when JWFan was making the rounds at major news sites with the multiple announcements that Williams would score TFA.  It's a bit surreal to be honest.  

23 minutes ago, Zaralyth said:

I don't believe in mp3. So probably not unless someone else makes a conversion of my lossless rip.

What file sharing site are you planning to use? Just curious.

Just now, Zaralyth said:

Talk about where to get shares isn't allowed. (or so I believe)

I mean, I was just asking what site you planned to use, be it Mega or some other site. We've all been talking about this in this thread, anyhow.

Just now, curlytoot said:

I mean, I was just asking what site you planned to use, be it Mega or some other site. We've all been talking about this in this thread, anyhow.

What does it matter what I am going to use?

Ah okay, thanks. If I were to hear a track from your version without hearing the OST/Digital FYC straight before would I be able to hear a noticeable increase in quality? I don't think I've actually heard a comparison between lossless and not-err, lossless.

1 minute ago, DarthDementous said:

Ah okay, thanks. If I were to hear a track from your version without hearing the OST/Digital FYC straight before would I be able to hear a noticeable increase in quality? I don't think I've actually heard a comparison between lossless and not-err, lossless.

Yes. I hadn't listened to either for a while, but as soon as I turned on this track (it was the first one I listened to) it was easy to distinguish that it was better in the range of dynamics, it wasn't loud and obtrusive in my ears, the brass is very organic as it would sound in real life. They're not sessions but it's probably as close as we'll ever get. It is very good mastering. PROPER mastering in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Drax said:

Just brickwall that thing so I can listen to it in my noisy car.

My coworker has a 10,000W stereo system in his car with two 30 inch subs and it's powered by 5 car batteries. Although I've only had the pleasure of experience it once, I am sure a track like this would excel on such a system WITHOUT the use of brick-wall mastering ;)

The OST mastering of March of the Resistance sounds really offensive to my ears for some reason. The brass at the end, especially.

Hopefully the FYC is a little more subdued. The waveform looks very, very promising.

Hope you're loving your present Z! :)

57 minutes ago, DarthDementous said:

Right, going off from your comment about .mp3 I'm assuming that lossless doesn't work with that format? What format is your version in then? 

Lossless. Stored in FLAC, the Free Lossless Audio Codec. Android devices can play this as well as any PC. iTunes will only play ALAC. (Apple lossless audio codec) 

17 minutes ago, Zaralyth said:

Lossless. Stored in FLAC, the Free Lossless Audio Codec. Android devices can play this as well as any PC. iTunes will only play ALAC. (Apple lossless audio codec) 

AH! I've seen FLAC before now it makes sense. If you're going to upload them in that format, do you know any Mac programs that can play FLAC?