The Force Awakens Music Covers

Oboejdub

3 minutes ago, someonefun124 said:

March of the Resistance sounds great on the piano!

Maybe played by a pro, not in this video!

On 10/01/2016 at 7:26 PM, artguy360 said:

The Resistance March works really well on piano and the Rey guitar cover sounds a bit like a Western theme. 

While it's true that it can sound like a Western theme, I think the guitarrist did an interesting job taking advantage of different colors of the guitar, so the arrangement is very clear and idiomatic, but at the same time respectful to the original orchestration.

On 10/01/2016 at 0:53 PM, loert423 said:

Shameless plug?

No shame! That's a great arrangement, wish I was skilled enough to play all those sixteenth octaves. *Gets back to TIE Fighter Attack and Rey's Theme*

On 1/11/2016 at 4:37 PM, artguy360 said:

This is a really fun cover of Rey's theme with the Force theme mixed in. It takes a while to get going but it cool once it does.

Wow! Took my breath away, how he was able to deconstruct the theme then reconstruct it so, seemingly, effortlessly. 

Rey's Theme is stunning on violin, too.

This solo, acoustic guitar cover of Rey's Theme may be the best yet. It succeeds not only as a cover but a genuinely interesting guitar piece. This dude really gets the right feel for the darker moments of her theme and adds subtly instead of trying to replicate the big brass sounds. 

A really good piano cover of Jedi Steps with a sweet binary sunset rendition from the end of the movie. The same youtuber does a pretty good Rey's Theme piano cover that doesn't sound as stilted as a lot of other Rey's Theme covers on youtube. Now that the movie and music have been out for a bit the fan community is really warming up with cool covers all over youtube. I love it when fans take JW's music and do interesting things.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread needs to live! There are so many TFA music covers being made now. This piano cover of Rey's Theme is a bit of an oddity. It's played at a really fast tempo, faster than the actual piece, and I think it kind of ruins it a bit. But it's still an interesting listen. 

And this weird Jedi Steps end scene recreation + march of the resistance cover is kind of amazing! Seriously everyone should watch this video.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Ricard said:

I didn't like this at all. The arrangement and playing is far too much of a literal rendition of the original version and thus extremely unsuitable for a string quartet. 

Did anyone put up the "new" (1 month ago) STAR WARS piano arrangement by Jarrod Radnich yet? I can't follow all these STAR WARS threads, so I don't know.

I will, but it's not really from THE FORCE AWAKENS, but from the original trilogy, so I'll put it in the 'general Youtube' thread thingie instead.

17 hours ago, loert423 said:

Here is my two piano arrangement of "The Falcon":

Thomas, this is just a breathtaking quality arrangement! Quite a challenge to play, really. I would say it's flawless.

Thank you for permitting us to enjoy your work.

18 hours ago, loert423 said:

Here is my two piano arrangement of "The Falcon":

Finn's theme just doesn't get enough love!

(Btw, I matched the tempo of this computer recording to the original track, so if you play them both together they should line up...)

Fantastic! Well done!

No we need to get a live performance of this going!

7 hours ago, Ricard said:

Rey's Theme is also on that page (second video down). Much slower tempo than the original though.

2 hours ago, The Psycho Pianist said:

Rey's Theme is also on that page (second video down). Much slower tempo than the original though.

I wonder if they sped it up for the actual performance as that was just a rehearsal.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Taikomochi said:

There's nothing quite as cruel to John Williams' music as a middle school marching band.

Intriguingly, it also works the other way around: there is nothing as cruel to a middle school marching band as having to try and nail the performance of some of John Williams' music.