Similarities Between 'Battle of Yavin' and 'Bombing Run' from TFA

DarthDementous

To me 'Bombing Run' sounds a lot like the ending of ANH to me, appropriate considering the circumstances but it also features a return of the Minor 'strained' scoring that gives the feeling the Resistance are the underdogs as the Rebels were. I was wondering if the more musically in tune could point out similarities between these two tracks because I'm sure there's something there that lets me say with full confidence that I wouldn't even blink if 'Bombing Run' was put into ANH.

Here's the two tracks for reference:

1. Bombing Run - Force Awakens

2. Battle of Yavin - A New Hope

Yeah, you know that's probably what it more reminds me of. It's glorious that it sounds similar to the X-Wing attacks of the OT because it shows how in tune John Williams is with the Star Wars musical library, even Rey's Theme which sounded bizarre to be in Star Wars at first now fits in so well in my mind with the rest of the Star Wars music.

I think what ol' Johnny boy intended was to create a piece that accompanied an X-Wing assault that recalled memories of the previous OT scenes through musical references, while still presenting a pretty memorable piece on its own. I guess that's why I love 'Bombing Run' so much! Hell, I love all musical treatment for the Resistance in this movie.

I do get the tracks from ESB and ROTJ mixed up a lot, after re-listening to the Battle of Hoth and ROTJ's Battle of Endor I'm tending to believe that Bombing Run sounds more like them.

It's to be expected lol, I mostly heard OT music in Jedi Knight Academy which used them all out of context so it all just blended together for me.

19 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

To me 'Bombing Run' sounds a lot like the ending of ANH to me, appropriate considering the circumstances but it also features a return of the Minor 'strained' scoring that gives the feeling the Resistance are the underdogs as the Rebels were. I was wondering if the more musically in tune could point out similarities between these two tracks because I'm sure there's something there that lets me say with full confidence that I wouldn't even blink if 'Bombing Run' was put into ANH.

Here's the two tracks for reference:

1. Bombing Run - Force Awakens

2. Battle of Yavin/Deathstar Assault - A New Hope

The PREFERRED version, which is pure music.

The SPECIAL EDITION cut of this scene, disrespected William's Music, by completely over riding his efforts!

3 hours ago, Joey said:

Sounds nothing like Battle of Yavin from Star Wars.

Nope!

It DAMN well "doesn't". 

Say goodbye to the past, and hello to

*whatever*

On 1/14/2016 at 0:38 AM, DarthDementous said:

I was wondering when you'd come to this thread and post about nothing. Glad to see you don't disappoint.

you posted something about something. It was just not as you said.