Force Awakens VFX Before and After - Full Resolution Clips from the Movie and Bits of Unreleased Music

DarthDementous

Hey guys, I found this on Star Wars reddit but the video was summarily taken down by Disney so I've uploaded it on my dropbox. Its basically a 10 minute long video showing Before and After of compositing and CGI addition but it features many clips from the movie with full uninterrupted audio. I don't know if its possible to rip some parts that haven't been released but at least we can listen.

I believe one of the members talked about a timpani roll that he really liked during the Falcon crashing through the trees on Starkiller Base? That's a clip in here but I'm not sure exactly when that musical part plays.

Even though there was quite a lot of CGI in the end oh my god is it absolutely breathtaking. I love the X-Wing fighting scenes because there's these wonderful dynamic shots like a go-pro has been attached to the side of the X-wing haha.

Without further audieu, enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tj1p2csteojemtx/VFX%20Before%20and%20After%20in%20Star%20Wars%20The%20Force%20Awakens.mp4?dl=0

There's no clean unreleased music; The unreleased Falcon crash cue still has all the sound effects from the finished film over it.  But it was nice to hear again!

Cool video, I enjoyed watching it.

Didn't realize how many shots were completely CGI.  A sign of good CGI!

Oh and it may have been taken off youtube but its still streaming:

For a moment I thought the practical shot of the Rathtars escaping was vastly superior to the replaced version, before realising the green lighting was likely green screen intended for replacement. :lol:

Still laughing at Solo running past the space mercenary, punching him in the face then brutally murdering him by throwing him into the Rathtar's mouth. JJ couldn't have given a bigger middle finger to Lucas if he tried (Greedo shooting first). Probably Spielberg too, for the pathetically bloodless 4th Indy film.

• 7 months later...

Sorry to bump this old thread but ILM released a new special effects of TFA type video and I was wondering if anyone knows what the music playing in the background is. It's really simple stuff and I'm not even sure if its JW or not. I was wondering if its more unreleased stuff from the TFA score or just old music from a vault somewhere.

To my utterly untrained ears and untrustworthy judgment, this sounds like the fruits of the first button on the Star Wars Techno-Tunerator 9000.  It's like Gustav Holst filtered through a Sega Genesis.

On 9/6/2016 at 9:59 PM, artguy360 said:

Sorry to bump this old thread but ILM released a new special effects of TFA type video and I was wondering if anyone knows what the music playing in the background is. It's really simple stuff and I'm not even sure if its JW or not. I was wondering if its more unreleased stuff from the TFA score or just old music from a vault somewhere.

That's not Williams IMO.