88th Annual Academy Awards Discussion (2016 Oscars for 2015 films)

Jay

My bet is that if he manages to scores the whole new trilogy, he'll get it for Episode IX.

3 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

Biden with the raiders march

Is the Hateful Eight score any good?  I'll listen to it at work tomorrow if it wins...

It's great! Very challenging at times and not at all what you would expect from a western, but the main themes are great and the orchestration is sublime. Harkens back more to his Untouchables days more than anything else.

Nice to see that everyone there knows what this means. Very sweet tribute. (And great that JW was the first to congratulate him.)

Someone who can translate Italian needs to re-translate exactly what he said about John Williams since his son (?) translating probably condensed things

WTF is up with this side boob on Olivia Wilde?

4 minutes ago, TJH132 said:

"My tribute goes to the other nominees and in particular the esteemed John Williams"

Classy.

Honestly, seeing the rapport between them this week, the way Johnny got to be there with him, and his gracious nod to his colleague--and just #50 by itself--this has been nearly as good as a win for him this year anyway.

Congrats Inarritu! I was torn between him and Miller. But to pull off something like The Revenant, truly well deserved.

But 2 years in a row, crazy!