John Williams Receives 50th Oscar Nomination for 'The Force Awakens'

Ricard

18 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Indeed! Well earned.

How is it well earned?

First of all the score should have been eligible. And it is not good music.

Ennio already got the lifetime award for his funny little tunes...Consolation prize, nothing more.

Let us be magnanimous in defeat. Even those who are posting drunk or bellicously hung over.

2 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

Nope. Who disagrees with Who, Exactly.

What about John Woo?

1 hour ago, hornist said:

No

And BB stop that

I know you get a boner for bashing williams but this just a wrong forum

fuck

:remykiss:

12 minutes ago, hornist said:

How is it well earned?

Why? Because you don't like it?

1 hour ago, hornist said:

How is it well earned?

Ennio already got the lifetime award for his funny little tunes...Consolation prize, nothing more.

VLRiIxv.gif

3 hours ago, hornist said:

How is it well earned?

Should have been eligible? I love when typos completely derail foreign arguments. 

No offense to Morricone, because he clearly has had an incredible career and you could see the emotion in his speech, but I find his Hateful Eight score graining, repetitive and averagely standard. I don't see the brilliance in it at all unfortunately. I haven't seen the film, so I'm guessing it may be one of those that works perfectly with the film, but as a listening experience, it doesn't do anything for me at all.

It's funny how the news are forgetting morricone had a lifetime achievement award already.

I hope that the academy reconsiders itself and the honorary oscars go to deceased people or truly retired people.

Morricone deserved to have an oscar, long overdue. But awarding him one after a 'lifetime award' is kinda weird....

3 hours ago, Incanus said:

Let us be magnanimous in defeat. Even those who are posting drunk or bellicously hung over.

Yes! Two minutes for me for unsportmanlike conduct!

But honestly I listened the 7 minutes opener of the winner for the first time and couldn't make it through.. :]

Anybody notice he was sitting in a different spot for that bit than he was when the Best Original Score oscar was announced?

I just don't hear the masterful originality you speak of. It sounds like something anyone could do. I'm not saying I don't like Morricone. I've just never really been exposed to a great deal of his music as I've seen very little of the films he's scored. I can't compare it to his previous work because I know very little of it. 

And if you wish to use my enjoyment of Giacchino's music as an insult to me, you will fail, as I'm not offended by my personal taste. Oh yeah and Giacchino's 4 efforts in 2015 are all more impressive than the Hateful Eight. 

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Yeah, they probably changed him for that bit and then he got back with the rest. Or at intermission they made all the composers go to that balcony.

Yeah, I think that the nominees in the various technical categories are just scattered around the middle/back of the theater, and then when their category comes up they all go to that balcony by the stage so they don't waste air time walking up to the stage from their horrible seat.

They could of course put all the nominees in the front rows and not just the actors with other assorted random celebs, but....that would be silly!

2 hours ago, leeallen01 said:

I just don't hear the masterful originality you speak of. It sounds like something anyone could do. I'm not saying I don't like Morricone. I've just never really been exposed to a great deal of his music as I've seen very little of the films he's scored. I can't compare it to his previous work because I know very little of it.

So you're just young and ignorant. I'll forgive you.