JURASSIC PARK - Live to Projection Concerts

Jay

It should be post concert... that way williams would have seen the film again (in ages), and know what cue was for each scene... ;) I'm talking about the berlin concert speech about the finale...

3 hours ago, SyncMan said:

According to this Facebook post, JW will be there for a Q&A prior to this show.

JW Temp.png

Also, from the said Kennedy Center-Jurassic Park web-page:

JW Temp.png

Well, now I may have to plan another trip.

I would love to go see one of these movies live to picture. Is there a specific company that handles it and that I can kind of follow to see when these events happen or do I just need to wait for a venue to announce it? I know the Dr. Phillips Center in Downtown Orlando did Return of the Jedi a few years ago and I was thinking about going and then I forgot all about it a little while later.

4 hours ago, Brando said:

I would love to go see one of these movies live to picture. Is there a specific company that handles it and that I can kind of follow to see when these events happen or do I just need to wait for a venue to announce it? I know the Dr. Phillips Center in Downtown Orlando did Return of the Jedi a few years ago and I was thinking about going and then I forgot all about it a little while later.

CineConcerts

Disney Concerts

ilm Concerts Live

9 hours ago, SyncMan said:

JW Temp.png

JW Temp.png

Wow! That's amazing! Anyone from JWFan able to attend??

Hopefully someone asks him about the progress of Indy 5!

JW reflecting on JP: I watched the cut of Jurassic Park with Steven.  I was so moved by the picture; I needed to take a walk and collect my thoughts.  I met up with him and told him "you are going to need a better composer than me to score this."  Steven looked at me sweetly and said, "I know, but they are all extinct."  

I'd love to hear him talk about The Lost World a bit, if he remembers much from working on that score.

Still weird to me that it was completely ignored on the newest Spielberg/Williams album. 

• 1 month later...
On 13/1/2022 at 1:02 PM, Jay said:

Coming to The Kennedy Center, Washington DC, Fri. Jun. 24, 2022 8p.m.

https://www.kennedy-center.org/nso/home/2021-2022/jurassic-park-in-concert/

On 7/5/2022 at 1:13 PM, SyncMan said:

JW Temp.png

JW Temp.png

Any chance somebody here is attending this and planning to record the Q&A with the Maestro? Unfortunately, I won’t be able to attend this.

2 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

Any chance somebody here is attending this and planning to record the Q&A with the Maestro?

I'll be there! We'll be in the far back in one of the ground-floor (Parterre) boxes, so I'm not sure how clear of a view I'll have, but I'll see if I can record it!

On 21/06/2022 at 1:06 PM, Max said:

I'll be there! We'll be in the far back in one of the ground-floor (Parterre) boxes, so I'm not sure how clear of a view I'll have, but I'll see if I can record it!

How did it go? Anything interesting come out of the Q&A?

Don't suppose you were able to record it? :D

Found this fun anecdote from the Q&A on Reddit:

He mentioned that scoring for Indy 5 starts on Tuesday at 10 am. :) He also talked about conducting when he was younger, and how his father would be playing the vibraphone in the orchestra. He couldn’t call out his father by name when he was conducting, so he came up with the nickname “Vibes” for him. As in, “Hey, Vibes, not so loud!”

Anything else interesting come up in the chat @Max?

I'm surprised more posters didn't attend this!

On 26/06/2022 at 12:11 AM, crumbs said:

How did it go? Anything interesting come out of the Q&A?

Don't suppose you were able to record it? :D

I did! Sorry I didn't get around to uploading it sooner! I just posted it in its own thread here.

I don't think there were too many takeaways from the Q&A other than Indiana Jones 5 is starting recording today!

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a great time seeing this yesterday.  Orchestra and film were great and there were lots of kids in the audience who probably have never seen it before based on the gasps and "oohhhh's" at certain scenes.   The music must have been crazy difficult!  On the same night, the LA Phil played E.T. live to picture with Johnny in the audience!!!  He went on stage for a bow to thunderous ovation after.  Just imagine Jurassic Park and E.T. live to picture in one day!

IMG_9876.jpg

19 hours ago, karelm said:

Just imagine Jurassic Park and E.T. live to picture in one day!

How about imagining a 10-hour marathon made-up of LTP concerts from the 1st three Star Wars films?

Oh, wait! That actually happend. 

qcbM19B.jpg

https://spice.eplus.jp/articles/200740

3 hours ago, SyncMan said:

How about imagining a 10-hour marathon made-up of LTP concerts from the 1st three Star Wars films?

Oh, wait! That actually happend. 

qcbM19B.jpg

https://spice.eplus.jp/articles/200740

Damn, that's insane!  One orchestra playing all three in one day?  That's like running the ironman marathon!

There is absolutely no way in hell it's the same orchestra playing all the shows....Unless they have no union in Japan. But we have rules in our contracts that would prevent this from happening where i work. And most likely in any North American orchestra.

• 2 months later...
On 01/02/2024 at 12:42 PM, Smeltington said:

Jurassic Park live to picture is coming to Tanglewood!

https://www.bso.org/events/jurassic-park-2024

Sat, Aug 17, 2024, 8:00pm EDT

Boston Pops Orchestra
Keith Lockhart, conductor

This LTP will also be performed in Boston at Symphony Hall this spring. Details will be available whenever the Spring POPS press release happens, typically sometime in February.