Revenge of the Sith (extended edition) help finding it.

Jwfan2234

• 4 years later...

I've found the Extended Edition... is it complete? Can anyone confirm where the additional music is sourced from?

(I hate dialogue and FX faded in the music!)

1 hour ago, Miz said:

I've found the Extended Edition... is it complete? Can anyone confirm where the additional music is sourced from?

(I hate dialogue and FX faded in the music!)

There are a million "expanded" fan edits out there. None of them are official. They all contain some degree of SFX, and most of the unreleased music is sourced from video game rips. Where did you get this one specifically (who made it or sent it to you)?

• 1 month later...

I don't know why I never was able to listen to the OST of Revenge of the Sith.

This playlist (the published works) is the only thing I love of it.

I would love to see a true expansion of it someday!

Battle of Heroes was for me always the ugly little twin or the afterbirth of Duel of the Fates. Don't like it too much.

My favourites were always Anakin's Betrayal and General Grievous and Palpatine's Resque at the very beginning. The last two are two of my favourite action tracks. I would also love to see an expansion. I miss the war drums at the very beginning after the main title. 

I feel like the Battle of the Heroes concert suite drags on too long at the beginning and overstays its welcome, but its use in the film is really really good, especially The Boys Continue. Hell, even the first use of it in the film when the duel starts has WAY more energy than the concert suite.

20 hours ago, SilverTrumpet said:

I feel like the Battle of the Heroes concert suite drags on too long at the beginning and overstays its welcome, but its use in the film is really really good, especially The Boys Continue. Hell, even the first use of it in the film when the duel starts has WAY more energy than the concert suite.

The thing is, the concert suite is just a section of the actual score with an added opening and ending. Therefore, it's not constructed as a concert piece. 

I think the overall progression of the theme from its first statement (when the duel starts - with a lot of energy and no choir yet) to the last (when the duel ends - much more dramatic, less energetic) is quite good. Each section of the duel develops the theme further, going from a very energetic action piece to a more dramatic lamentation piece.

11 hours ago, oierem said:

The thing is, the concert suite is just a section of the actual score with an added opening and ending. Therefore, it's not constructed as a concert piece. 

I think the overall progression of the theme from its first statement (when the duel starts - with a lot of energy and no choir yet) to the last (when the duel ends - much more dramatic, less energetic) is quite good. Each section of the duel develops the theme further, going from a very energetic action piece to a more dramatic lamentation piece.

I always assumed that part of the score was just playing the concert suite.

8 minutes ago, SilverTrumpet said:

I always assumed that part of the score was just playing the concert suite.

It's clearly the other way around. Is a section of the underscore that is used as a concert piece (same as the Jurassic Park theme, for example).

On 12/16/2020 at 5:45 PM, Bespin said:

Too many notes?

Too "epic."  They work okay as concert pieces, but never particularly worked for me in film context or integrated in the scores surrounding them.