Home Alone being released on Vinyl

That_Bloke

Hi everyone,

I saw this just now...

http://mondotees.com/collections/music/products/home-alone-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-2xlp

I'm not into the current vinyl craze, but the artwork on this release sure impressed me. 

Cheers,

Peter

I wonder how many JWfans are into the vinyl craze. there sure seems to be a lot of releases lately

tried to make a poll but it didn't work

K.M, not a fan of this new MB version

I'm not into the LP craze either, but I know plenty who are. Mondo's releases are hit and miss, though, but I DO love the artwork on this. Very 'art deco'.

12 hours ago, king mark said:

I wonder how many JWfans are into the vinyl craze. there sure seems to be a lot of releases lately

tried to make a poll but it didn't work

K.M, not a fan of this new MB version

Me, for one, but I haven't picked up any rereleased Williams music on vinyl, because when it comes to reissues I'd rather have a Lalaland-style complete release. I have a few of the older OSTs on vinyl, though. Part of the fun is hearing the music in its original format.

2 minutes ago, E.T. and Elliot said:

There are more vinyl releases than expansions these days.

Not really, but it would be great if that were the case.

28 minutes ago, Thor said:

Not really, but it would be great if that were the case.

Oh Thor, stop being so special!

16 hours ago, king mark said:

I don't own any JW on vinyl, but I really wanted that Jurassic Park release that Mondo did a couple of years ago.  Missed out on it, completely forgot the release date and now people are charging an arm and a leg for them :(

2 hours ago, Miguel Andrade said:

I wouldn't call it a vinyl craze, but I already have a few on my vinyl collection... And I couldn't resist and ordered Home Alone on vinyl when it was announced.

Attached is a picture of my Williams on vinyl section of the collection.

20160124_112525.jpg

Looks pretty extensive! Sometimes it's surprising what Williams LPs you can find in used record stores, going all the way back to his 60s work.

• 7 years later...

https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/black-friday-vinyl-on-sale-info

Mondo is finally repressing the green/red version of this again for Black Friday, along with the companion holiday song album that also has some Williams! They’ve been sold out for years, the main soundtrack going for $100-200 on eBay. So excited to finally have the warmth of this score on vinyl!

1 minute ago, Toillion said:

I’m glad they are repressing this. I got it last time they had it in stock a few years ago and it’s a great release. 

Repressing, years ago, great release...must show restraint.  

Is it a great release? I have some Mondo releases that are incredible (Jaws is wonderful) but I also had some which were truly terrible. (Rogue One i'm looking at you.)

I heard that Home Alone wasn't a great pressing, and that a lot of problems happened with duplicates of the same LP in some sets. I'd be happy to be proved wrong though!

The copy that I have from Mondo doesn’t have any issues. But yeah my track record with them has been about 50/50. And every time I get something that has issues, I send it back for a replacement and the replacement is the exact same. 

This is one I'd like to have on vinyl if I'd had the cash. The sheer ritual of putting it on before Christmas, with crackles and all (if any), displaying the LP cover and just getting into the mood. Not quite the same with the CD.