STAR WARS TRILOGY -Varese album coming out on Vinyl

Amer

Looks like the Varese Sarabande re-recording of THE STAR WARS TRILOGY will be issued on Vinyl by Varese.  News confirmed by Robert Townson on his face book page:

" Today was a fun visit to the Varèse vinyl pressing plant, Erika Records. Back in the day, my earliest albums were released on CD, but also vinyl and cassette. The Final Conflict and Lionheart were released on all three formats. Soon, the vinyl era in America came to an end. For a little while, there were still vinyl releases in Europe for titles like The Abyss, Driving Miss Daisy, My Left Foot, Gremlins 2 and Back To The Future Part III, among others. With a final trickle of releases in 1991 and maybe 1992, the vinyl era on Varèse Sarabande (and all other record labels) came to an end. It feels like a bit of a time warp. Here we are in 2016 and vinyl is back. I can't believe the number of titles that are now finding their way to this cherished old format. John Powell's How To Train Your Dragon, Ramin Djawadi's Game of Thrones and Graeme Revell's The Crow are just a few. Coming soon is The Star Wars Trilogy, and later in the year ... Jerry Goldsmith's Rudy, and more surprises! On this day the Varèse Dark Shadows album was on press, pictured here. The vinyl renaissance is in full swing. January 28, 2016.  "

Excellent album indeed. Only thing missing is Han Solo and the Princess. Then it would be just about perfect summation of the original trilogy in concert setting.

Excellent album indeed. Only thing missing is Han Solo and the Princess. Then it would be just about perfect summation of the original trilogy in concert setting.

Agree on that. Come to think of it the Williams-Lucas Sony Classical produced version doesn't even have it let alone the two newly recorded JEDI cues here. Perhaps, Williams didn't find it as an essential representation of the corpus of this work? Its also never been performed in concerts either.Its a great cue of course.

P.S. how do you PIN this thread on the forums top page? Anyone?

Of course I could, but since the owner of the website pinned them, I should probably wait to hear from him why he did it, amiright

Oh wow - I had seen that "Featured" feature available but didn't know what it did.  I actually kind of like the look of it!

• 2 months later...

I don´t understand the thinking. The original STar Wars on vinyl, yes. It was originally released as such as has limitied dynamic range. But the digital recording from Varese with its strong bass drums is not suited well to the limitations of vinyl. I fear either compression or distortion are inevitable.

4 hours ago, hanser said:

I don´t understand the thinking. The original STar Wars on vinyl, yes. It was originally released as such as has limitied dynamic range. But the digital recording from Varese with its strong bass drums is not suited well to the limitations of vinyl. I fear either compression or distortion are inevitable.

They're just following the current money train

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2016 at 9:55 AM, hanser said:

Yes it was a digital recording, but it was also originally released on vinyl and it sounded great!

There are many!

A vinyl disc is a sort of "jewel of distortions".

But..ehhh..some people likes them!

Oh I think you forgot to mention that the inner tracks always sounds duller than the outer tracks. That's physical.

Physical... physical.... i wanna get...