The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra performs music by John Williams (who will definitely NOT be attending. As if!) at Royal Albert Hall, London, October 2016

Omen II

The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra will again be paying tribute to John Williams in two concerts at the Royal Albert Hall in October 2016.  The ones in 2012 and 2014 at the same venue were great fun (even allowing for the sacrilegious arrangement of Jaws) and played to a sold out hall.

http://www.rpo.co.uk/whats-on/eventdetail/546/-/john-williams-2016

Robert Ziegler conducts while Tommy Pearson presents and reads out people's drunken tweets from the interval.

• 3 months later...

John Williams fans in East Anglia pay heed!  The RPO will also be giving John Williams concerts in Ipswich (21st September 2016) and Cambridge (21st January 2017), in addition to those in London.  Details at the following links:

Ipswich

Cambridge

:john:_:john:_:john:

• 2 months later...

Conductor Robert Ziegler talks about John Williams in this little promo video for his upcoming concerts with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.  There is another one scheduled for Southend-on-Sea in January 2016.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

You arsehole, Omen! Don't write  "JW at RAH", like that!!! I damn near had a fucking coronary!!!!!!!!!!

Richard, I've edited the title even further to minimise the risk of post traumatic myocardial infarction just for you.

(Y)

In all honesty I don't even remember what the original thread title was.  I typed it back in January.

The title was originally "John Williams at Royal Albert Hall 2016" which was a bit misleading and heart attack inducing to most Williams fans. ;)

• 2 months later...

Did anyone go to either of these concerts at the Royal Albert Hall yesterday?  There are lots of positive comments about them online but I would be interested to see what pieces were played and if there were any unusual selections.  Did the RPO play the 'special' arrangement of Jaws, for example?

With the LSO concert next month I gave this one a swerve and went to a football match instead (:shakehead:).

5 hours ago, Richard said:

Since you mentioned East Anglia, perhaps Ipswich/Huddersfield?

No Richard, if you're referring to the football it was Wycombe Wanderers v Exeter City.

If anyone wants to see the RPO performing John Williams's music, there are still at least three more performances of this concert early next year in the provinces: at Cambridge Corn Exchange on 21st January 2017, at Southend Cliffs Pavilion on 22nd January 2017 and at Hull City Hall on 2nd February 2017.