LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens includes UNRELEASED music by Williams

Manakin Skywalker

17 hours ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

With other unreleased music from LEGO games, the movies were released years before...

Oh, wow! (I became a Williams fan recently) A reason for hope! 

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:43 AM, Pieter_Boelen said:

With other unreleased music from LEGO games, the movies were released years before...

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:58 PM, Bill said:

Oh, wow! (I became a Williams fan recently) A reason for hope! 

None of the other SAGA Lego games had unreleased music. Only Lego Star Wars: The Clone Wars, which only contained unreleased music from the television show.

17 minutes ago, Manikin Skywalker said:

None of the other SAGA Lego games had unreleased music. Only Lego Star Wars: The Clone Wars, which only contained unreleased music from the television show.

That's incorrect.

LEGO Star Wars II had the clean opening for TPM's end credits. LEGO Star Wars III had unreleased Prequel music in its cutscenes. So they did have access to it.

16 hours ago, Gistech said:

That's incorrect.

LEGO Star Wars II had the clean opening for TPM's end credits. LEGO Star Wars III had unreleased Prequel music in its cutscenes. So they did have access to it.

I knew about the end credits, but I didn't remember any unreleased music in the LSW:TCW cutscenes... I'll have to take a look at them some time.

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Any new music here?

No. And much of it isn't even Williams, just generic trailer stuff

By the way, IGN has posted a video of the game demo that went live today:

There's no commentary, so you can hear the music pretty well, although SFX is really loud

I'm pretty sure all music heard is on TFA OST

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like unreleased music in the map sequence at 5:09 as well! Bodes very well!

Have the Lego games been easily ripped in the past?

I thought we would have heard about this expanded 2 disc release by now. Maybe they are coinciding it with the marketing build up for Rouge One. 

2 hours ago, ChewyBomber said:

Seems like "Star Wars Lego Episode VII" contains unreleased music! For example, we can here hear the "You're Han Solo" cue, which is promising :D

Sweet! 

Interestingly, in the above video we hear the OST edit that combines "I'm No Hero" and "Arrival at Takodana," and microedits the arrival cue. So it seems that at least some of the time the game-makers were just taking stuff directly from the OST. But of course all the "You're Han Solo" material was not on the OST, so it seems they have access to the recording sessions (or at the very least the complete film audio track?)

Here's a video containing every cut-scene in the game I found on YouTube. I'm checking for TFA music that was not on the OST right now.

UPDATE: At 22:30 or so of the video I linked to above, we hear what we've assumed is the unused opening to "Rey The Scavenger." It plays over the shot of Finn waking up after the crash on Jakku and stumbling around, finding the TIE fighter crashed.

In the film, there's no music during that scene. I wonder: Could the opening of OST "The Scavenger" have actually been intended for that Finn scene (thus making it a separate cue from "Rey The Scavenger"), but been dialed out in the final film? I just wanted to throw that out there and see what you guys think. Its style is similar to the cue heard during the scene right after the "waking-up" scene, which is "Finn's Trek." Additionally, its darkness, particularly at the end, seems to fit pretty well with Finn's predicament as he watches the TIE fighter collapse into the sand. 

And now I just realized that we could be dealing with two separate cues even in that little unused OST "Scavenger" bit. The end of that bit sounds very, very similar (perhaps even identical) to the music we hear as we see Finn in the stormtrooper transport, just after Phasma talked to him, and just before we cut to Rey opening the metal thing. But I figure the opening of that unused bit must be for a Jakku scene, so we could be dealing with a Jakku cue and a transport cue edited together just to make that 35-second opening to the OST track. Just speculating. It's a mess. 

UPDATE #2: Through 25:00 in the cut scenes video, I have not found any music that was not on the OST. Additionally, in the video Chewy Bomber posted, I didn't find anything beyond of course the "You're Han Solo" material. 

UPDATE #3: Nothing through 30:00 in the cut scenes video, I think.

That's all the video game watching I'm going to do this morning. :) 

1 hour ago, aj_vader said:

I thought we would have heard about this expanded 2 disc release by now. Maybe they are coinciding it with the marketing build up for Rouge One. 

I don't think that was ever confirmed in any solid way. A couple people online said it was coming in Q1 2016, but we have no idea whether these people are making that up or are mixing up various pieces of information. 

In the cut scenes video I linked to earlier, 1:15:18-1:15:48 (containing the Force theme) is music not heard in the TFA OST or film. But is it from another of Williams' Star Wars scores? Or some other Star Wars-universe score by another composer?

5 hours ago, Will said:

At  22:30 or so of the video I linked to above, we hear what we've assumed is the unused opening to "Rey The Scavenger." It plays over the shot of Finn waking up after the crash on Jakku and stumbling around, finding the TIE fighter crashed.

In the film, there's no music during that scene. I wonder: Could the opening of OST "The Scavenger" have actually been intended for that Finn scene (thus making it a separate cue from "Rey The Scavenger"), but been dialed out in the final film? I just wanted to throw that out there and see what you guys think.

Anything's possible, but I feel very confident that the OST simply presents the cue as it was written. This misterioso material would have scored Rey scavenging inside the Star Destroyer. As I recall, the timing still matches the final cut of the film and everything.

12 hours ago, crumbs said:

Sounds like unreleased music in the map sequence at 5:09 as well! Bodes very well!

Have the Lego games been easily ripped in the past?

Lego Hobbit was super easy.

A bit disappointing if there's only one unreleased cue, seeing as they probably had access to the score sessions (or maybe an earlier version of the OST). For the most part they seem to have looped and repeated the Rathtars and March of the Resistance all over the place rather than using unreleased music Williams scored for those scenes.

Are there any more Star Wars games on the horizon?

Damn, so many elegant renditions of Luke's Theme and the Force Theme in that cue. One of the more memorable unreleased cues I was disappointed didn't make the OST. Lovely! :)

I suppose this would slot in around the low note at 0:58 of Rathtars! from the OST?

EDIT: Just checked the scene; there's about 40 seconds unscored in the film (after Han finds Rey & Finn hiding) before this cue starts, so there's nothing significant missing here. There appears to be a bit of tracked or looped music while Han & Chewie inspect the Falcon interior that isn't on the OST. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdrErkGQPB0

Well what about the cue in the game called Rey v Kylo? That sounds like the tracked force theme in there. Also, the 5 minute cue of The Scavenger/Lunch/Find BB-8 has all of the tracks flowing together and a clean edit of the BB-8 cue.

Also what is Sailbarge Assault (Alt) from?

Well here's a list of all the music files in the game.  Maybe someone motivated enough can type out what every file contains

CS_CREDITS_SPACECRAWL1
CS_CREDITS_SPACECRAWL2
CS_CREDITS_SPACECRAWL3
CS_CREDITS_SPACECRAWL4
CS_CREDITS_SPACECRAWL5
CS_CREDITS_SPACECRAWL6
CS_IDENT
CS_LEVEL10_MIDTRO0
CS_LEVEL10_MIDTRO1
CS_LEVEL10_OUTRO
CS_LEVEL11_INTRO
CS_LEVEL11_MIDTRO1B
CS_LEVEL11_MIDTRO1
CS_LEVEL12_INTRO
CS_LEVEL12_MIDTRO
CS_LEVEL12_OUTRO
CS_LEVEL13_INTRO
CS_LEVEL13_MIDTRO
CS_LEVEL13_OUTRO
CS_LEVEL14_INTRO
CS_LEVEL14_MIDTRO
CS_LEVEL14_OUTRO
CS_LEVEL15_INTRO
CS_LEVEL15_MIDTRO2
CS_LEVEL15_MIDTRO
CS_LEVEL16_INTRO
CS_LEVEL16_MIDTRO1
CS_LEVEL16_MIDTRO2
CS_LEVEL16_MIDTRO3
CS_LEVEL16_MIDTRO4
CS_LEVEL16_OUTRO
CS_LEVEL1MIDTRO1ALT
CS_LEVEL1MIDTRO1
CS_LEVEL1MIDTRO3
CS_LEVEL1_INTRO
CS_LEVEL1_MIDTRO1B
CS_LEVEL1_MIDTRO2B1
CS_LEVEL1_MIDTRO2B2
CS_LEVEL1_MIDTRO2B3
CS_LEVEL1_MIDTRO2B
CS_LEVEL1_OUTRO
CS_LEVEL20_INTRO
CS_LEVEL20_MIDTRO
CS_LEVEL20_OUTRO
CS_LEVEL21_INTRO
CS_LEVEL2_INTRO
CS_LEVEL2_MIDTRO1
CS_LEVEL2_MIDTRO2
CS_LEVEL2_OUTRO
CS_LEVEL3_INTRO
CS_LEVEL3_OUTRO
CS_LEVEL4_INTRO
CS_LEVEL4_MIDTRO1B
CS_LEVEL4_OUTRO
CS_LEVEL5_INTRO
CS_LEVEL5_OUTRO
CS_LEVEL6_INTRO
CS_LEVEL6_OUTRO
CS_LEVEL7_INTRO
CS_LEVEL7_MIDTRO
CS_LEVEL7_OUTRO
CS_LEVEL8_INTRO1
CS_LEVEL8_MID2
CS_LEVEL8_MIDTRO1
CS_LEVEL8_MIDTRO2
CS_LEVEL8_OUTRO
CS_LEVEL9_INTRODEMO
CS_LEVEL9_INTRO
CS_LEVEL9_MIDTRO1
CS_LEVEL9_MIDTRO2
CS_LEVEL9_OUTRO
CS_POSTTITLES_INTRO
MX_CS_LEVEL10_INTRO
MX_CS_LEVEL11_OUTRO
MX_CS_LEVEL15_OUTRO
MX_CS_LEVEL21_OUTRO
MX_00_HUBDQAR
MX_01C_BATTLEOFENDORPART1A
MX_01C_BATTLEOFENDORPART1MIDA
MX_01C_BATTLEOFENDORPART2MIDA
MX_01_BATTLEOFENDOR3SPACE
MX_01_EWOKBATTLE
MX_01_PITOFCARKOON
MX_02A_TRASHCOMPACTOR
MX_02_ASTEROIDFIELD
MX_02_WOOKIEPRISONERQUIET
MX_02_WOOKIESHOOTOUT_ACT
MX_03_DENOFRANCOR
MX_04A_JEDIMASTER_MIDACT
MX_04A_MYNOCKCAVE_QUIET
MX_04B_LUKECONFRONTS_MIDACT
MX_04B_LUKECONFRONTS_QUIET
MX_04_LUKECONFRONTS_ACT
MX_04_LUKECONFRONTS_STINGER1
MX_04_LUKECONFRONTS_STINGER2
MX_05_WAMPALAIR
MX_06A_RFCC_ACTION
MX_06A_RFCC_QUIET
MX_06A_RFCC_SPACEWALK
MX_08A_TFA_ICANFLYANYTHING_A
MX_08A_TFA_THEABDUCTION_Q
MX_08C_THESCAVENGER
MX_09A_FOLLOWME_ACTION
MX_09A_FOLLOWME_QUIET
MX_09B_BBINTRO_GIRLWITHSTAFF
MX_09B_FOLLOWME_QUIET
MX_09C_THEFALCON_ACTION
MX_10A_THERATHTARLEVELS
MX_11D_MAZSCOUNSEL
MX_11D_THERATHTARS
MX_14A_KRA_JEOPARDYSTING
MX_14A_KYLORENARRIVES_ACTION
MX_14A_THESTARKILLER_QUIET
MX_14C_ONTHEINSIDE_QUIET
MX_14C_SCHERZO4XWINGS_HIACT
MX_14C_SCHERZO4XWINGS_MIDACT
MX_15A_MOTR_ACTION
MX_15B_THEABDUCTION
MX_15C_TORNAPART_ACTION
MX_15C_TORNAPART_QUIET
MX_16A_WAYSOFFORCETORNAPART
MX_16B_WAYSOFTHEFORCE
MX_16B_WOF_BB
MX_16B_WOF_PREBB
MX_16B_WOF_REYVKYLO
MX_20A_BATTLEOFENDORIII_ACTION
MX_20A_BATTLEOFENDORI_QUIET
MX_20B_BATTLEOFENDORII_QUIET
MX_20B_BATTLEOFENDORI_ACTION
MX_21A_HIPHOP_STARWARS
MX_21A_THEJEDISTEPSFINALE
MX_80SMONOSTARWARSTHEME
MX_8BIT_MINIG_STARWARS
MX_ATTACKONTAKODANA_ACT
MX_BOSSAVADA_MONO
MX_BOSSAVADERRADIO_MONO
MX_CANTINABAND2
MX_CANTINARADIO_MONO
MX_DOBRADOOMBA
MX_DOBRADOOMBA_MONO
MX_DOBRADOOMBA_MONO_SPEAKER
MX_EWOKFEASTCOMMANDMUSIC
MX_FAIRWELLANDHYPERSL
MX_FE_MOTR
MX_FINNSCONFESSION
MX_HANANDLEIA_HUBDQAR
MX_HUBFALCON
MX_HUBJAKKU_SCAVFINDBB8
MX_HUB_THESTARKILLER_ACTION
MX_IMPERIALMARCH_ALARMCLOCK
MX_IMPERIALMARCH_RADIOMONO
MX_JABBAFLOW
MX_MAINTHEME_LP
MX_MAINTITLE
MX_MAINTITLEFADEIN
MX_MAINTITLENOLONG
MX_MAINTITLE_MONO
MX_MIDACTION_MARCHOFRESISTANCE_13B
MX_QUIET_HANANDLEIA_13B
MX_SAILBARGEASSAULT_ALT
MX_SCHERZO4XWINGS_16A
MX_SILENCE_LP
MX_STARDRAWERS
MX_STARDRAWERS_DANCE
MX_STATUS_FAIRWELLNTRIP
MX_TFAMARCH_MONO
MX_THEATTACKONJAKKU_ACTION
MX_THEATTACKONJAKKU_QUIET
MX_THERATHTARS_ACTION
MX_WAYSOFFORCESABERPREREACH
MX_WAYSOFTHEFORCEREACHING

What about the map music here at 5:09? Isn't this unreleased music from the Starkiller debriefing scene at the Resistance Base?

Possibly in the game files:

MX_00_HUBDQAR

MX_STARDRAWERS
MX_STARDRAWERS_DANCE
MX_STATUS_FAIRWELLNTRIP

MX_HANANDLEIA_HUBDQAR
MX_HUBFALCON
MX_HUBJAKKU_SCAVFINDBB8

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

What about the map music here at 5:09? Isn't this unreleased music from the Starkiller debriefing scene at the Resistance Base?

Possibly in the game files:

MX_00_HUBDQAR

MX_STARDRAWERS
MX_STARDRAWERS_DANCE
MX_STATUS_FAIRWELLNTRIP

MX_HANANDLEIA_HUBDQAR
MX_HUBFALCON
MX_HUBJAKKU_SCAVFINDBB8

This is actually in the "You're Han Solo" cue :P

@Lockdown

Also, the 5 minute cue of The Scavenger/Lunch/Find BB-8 has all of the tracks flowing together and a clean edit of the BB-8 cue.

Is the "Find BB-8" bit that you mention identical to the first cue heard in the OST track "Rey Meets BB-8"? 

18 minutes ago, ChewyBomber said:

So yeah, I guess "You're Han Solo" was supposed to be put on the OST, since everything else is taken from the OST.

And Dobra Doompa and  the film version of Jabba Flow?

I was talking about the score, everything that was written/conducted by John Williams! Every file has the same microedits as the OST tracks. Moreover, the names of the files are exactly the same too!

Just now, Fennel Ka said:

And Dobra Doompa and  the film version of Jabba Flow?

Possibly, given that a non-US Amazon site said before release that there would be cantina music on the OST.

12 hours ago, king mark said:

cool!, a full cue with no editing required

Actually, there is about 10 seconds edited out before the Force Theme statement.

Yeah, seems possible this was all sourced from an early pre-release OST where "You're Han Solo" was included. In the final OST that whole sequence was re-arranged into a heavily abridged single track; maybe the original intention was keeping the Han Solo material separate from the Rathtars material?

Wonder if the OST could have even fit 2 more minutes?

• 1 month later...