Harry Potter - Live to Projection Concerts

bollemanneke

In 2009 Fellowship: Live to Projection was this unheard of, new idea for a niche audience

Now every blockbuster is doing it!

Excellent news! This live to projection trend is really growing by leaps and bounds. Something as music filled as HPPS is perfect for a live concert setting.

6 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Sigh....why cant we have this stuff in Holland!

Ditto for Finland.

When will we get The China Syndrome live to projection?

5 hours ago, someonefun124 said:

Me too! Houston Symphony would do the score justice. :D

Are you going to the Raiders one in July?

5 minutes ago, Hlao-roo said:

When will we get The China Syndrome live to projection?

About the same time with the Angela's Ashes live to projection.

1 hour ago, Drax said:

Something Hollywood hasn't considered - dull and uninteresting scores can't be resold or repackaged as potential concert experiences.

Now they're doing the Hooper Harry Potter scores in concert so...

Well, you never know, maybe HP5 and 6 might sound a little more detailed in concert, but honestly, I couldn't be bothered to pay for it... not now at least. As for HP1 being difficult, HP2 and 3are just as difficult, I think.  If only they'd do it in London, I could probably go. Come to think of it, they can't not do Harry Potter in the UK!

Some questions:
- What do you think would happen to film version edits? For instane, 'The Gobletof Fire' has no trumpets in the film version.
- How on earth will they tackle all the microedits in JW's scores? Do they have to rewrite the sheet music?
- WHat about tracked/unused music?

8 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

That doesn't mean a damn thing. Many scores got a Live To Projection concert without getting an expanded release in the months that followed!

*fan hears* Every Live To Projection score gets a complete and chronological release within a few months.

Oh, this is really interesting. I really loved Indy’s first adventure live from his 2010 concert in Fort Worth, the only time I’ve been to the US, so I would give almost anything to have these kinds of concerts here in Eastern Europe.

We have an orchestra who over the years basically became our film music orchestra, and they are popular, almost always sold out (even rehearsals), and enthusiastic about John Williams, so I guess it’s something. I’ve seen them 3 or 4 times already, they do interesting things (like the 1812 Overture with an extra military brass ensemble), but they usually do the basic John Williams themes, Star Wars, Imperial March, HP, JP, ET, and so on (If somebody is in the area this April, there will be a fully John Williams themed concert by them here in Budapest. This will be the first time that they will play Catch Me If You Can, Hook and Memoirs of a Geisha).

If they follow this path, maybe in a few years we can enjoy these kinds of concerts without leaving the continent. Let’s hope :)

Just now, BloodBoal said:

the Live To Projection is happening has no relation to a possible release of the complete HP scores.

I agree with this.

Warners is clearly not interested in doing expanded releases themselves, nor licensing it out to the specialty labels.  We're more likely to finally get that elusive sessions leak than official expanded releases soon, I think.

But I think official ones will happen eventually, some day!

Nah, just a sign they like to make money

They'll make much more money from these concerts than they would from expanded score releases

The Home Alone concert was really fun; A lot of it was due to the fact that watching a (good) comedy with an audience is always a fun time, the laughter being so infectious.  Also, I totally love the score and it was admirably performed, which was great.

Harry Potter, I love the score too, and also like the film.  But the audience might be filled with more children than say the LOTR or STID concerts I've been to.  Hopefully they don't get restless and annoying!

31 minutes ago, Jay said:

I agree with this.

Warners is clearly not interested in doing expanded releases themselves, nor licensing it out to the specialty labels.  We're more likely to finally get that elusive sessions leak than official expanded releases soon, I think.

But I think official ones will happen eventually, some day!

But what about MVs "Potter is so close that I can smell it"??

"“The Harry Potter Film Concert Series” will premiere at Philadelphia’s Mann Center for the Performing Arts on June 23 with the Philadelphia Orchestra"

Yeah baby!

The list keeps growing for 2016!

Violin Concerto

Cello Concerto with Yo-Yo Ma

Benefit Concert conducted by John Williams

Harry Potter Live to Projection

E.T. Live to Projection

22 minutes ago, hanser said:

But what about MVs "Potter is so close that I can smell it"??

That was like 4 years ago now.  I guess it didn't pan out