Harry Potter - Live to Projection Concerts

bollemanneke

Omen, it's not funny. I was hoping to go to the UK during the summer holidays and the HP concert would make it even better. Also, there's really nothing American about HP. (I'm not saying you shouldn't have it in the USA, but it really should go to the UK soon.) Oh well, WB will be WB...

I meant New Britain in Papua New Guinea, not the one in Connecticut, by the way!

I do concur with your wish, however, as England would be easier for me to get to because I am in it already.  I am sure it is only a matter of time.

;)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Then perhaps they allow for regional orchestras without choir to carry the melodies of the choir on other instruments or synthesizers with cues on the sheet music. 

Well when I saw Star Trek Into Darkness Live to Projection in Philadelphia, they had no choir so for the Kilingon scenes, the Klingon chanting came from the speakers that were playing the rest of the film's audio.

I assume that would be the same case here, but there are male and female voices in the score so it's curious they specify female.

Well the women's choir is optional. If half of the men's choir leans forward into a chair firmly enough, they can cover the women's parts. 

Because women sound more beautiful! Because someone in my family likes listening to these, what do you call them, counter tenors, men who think they're women? That sort of put me off.

On 29 maggio 2016 at 3:59 PM, Jay said:

I assume that would be the same case here, but there are male and female voices in the score so it's curious they specify female.

Are you sure about that? Most of the choral writing in the first Potter score is indeed for women's choir. Maybe some of the Voldemort stuff in the last couple of reels is scored for mixed choir?

2 hours ago, TownerFan said:

Are you sure about that? Most of the choral writing in the first Potter score is indeed for women's choir. Maybe some of the Voldemort stuff in the last couple of reels is scored for mixed choir?

Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Ring The Hogwarts Bell.....

Yeah it is, the ghosts just pass by in the background. You get about 5 seconds of the song, it'd be pointless to perform live.

About the Voldemort cues possibly having male voices, "The Blue Forest" and "The Mirror Scene" both specify women's chorus in the sheets, so I actually think that it is pretty much just the gals in the first one. I know POA has mixed chorus for sure but I'm trying to remember if COS does at all....

On 5/29/2016 at 4:38 PM, bollemanneke said:

Because women sound more beautiful! Because someone in my family likes listening to these, what do you call them, counter tenors, men who think they're women? That sort of put me off.

How presumptuous of you to claim that you know what these men think.

On 5/31/2016 at 10:43 AM, bollemanneke said:

to each his own, but I prefer the female version of The Eegles are coming to René Fleming's take. It just sounds unnatural to me.

That's fine, but:

On 5/29/2016 at 4:38 PM, bollemanneke said:

these, what do you call them, counter tenors, men who think they're women

Counter tenors != men who think they're women. That's a judgement you've made based on some negative beliefs.

10 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

Yeah it is, the ghosts just pass by in the background. You get about 5 seconds of the song, it'd be pointless to perform live.

About the Voldemort cues possibly having male voices, "The Blue Forest" and "The Mirror Scene" both specify women's chorus in the sheets, so I actually think that it is pretty much just the gals in the first one. I know POA has mixed chorus for sure but I'm trying to remember if COS does at all....

So I did remember well :) I think COS is women's choir only as well.

HPSS has male voices in 2m4 Diagon Alley (when they are in Gringotts bank)... I guess that's it?

A lot of the other instances of choir are women's-only and I never realized it (ie 2m5 Harry Gets His Wand, 5m2 Fighting The Troll, Mirror of Erised stuff, etc)

HPCOS absolutely has male choir: Think of when Harry goes into the diary and the male choir chants the Stone's theme.

Yeah, that's true. Actually now that you mention it, isn't that just the same Gringotts cue from the first film adapted by William Ross? So that might be the only instance there as well.

I would see those concert as a perfect opportunity to sell loads of complete soundtrack editions. Still hoping that those will be released concurrently.

I hope so. The boot is only ok as long as there is no commercial version available. As soon as it arrives I will buy it out of moral obligation. And hopefully because it has an interesting booklet.

I'd buy them all, as I have avoided bootlegs, sessions, and leaks.  The attitude of "who would bother buying" is the exact reason why boots are harmful to everybody (from the studio to the label to the artist to the consumer).