Harry Potter - Live to Projection Concerts

bollemanneke

OotP is fairly boring but it was one of the least important Potter books anyway.  

11 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

But it doesn't do justice to the novel at all.

That may be true but the Deathly Hallows is much worse in that regard.  It's the most rousing and "cinematic" of the Potter books and the film has none of that. 

3 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Will you pay for OOTP at all?

I will but it'll be the cheapest possible. It's the goddamn completist in me. 

20 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

There is. €18 if I remember correctly.

Well that is...expensive. What's in it? Is every page covered in real gold leaf embossing or something?

12 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Do you have any advice for Mr Adams when he has to tackle HP5 and 6?

Some decisins were made. Not always the best ones but they were made. 

Just bought tickets to the Finnish premiere of the Philosopher's Stone Live to Projection Concert for me and my two friends for next March and those were even quite reasonably priced, only 35 €. Also happy to see my hometown symphony orchestra doing this which shows that they are willing to try out these kind of events. It can only bode well for the future.

Something very special to look forward to for next year! :)

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Incanus said:

How are the acoustics in that hall?

Absolute great, reportedly one of the best in the world. On the last row, you hear everything, every detail with a clarity like from a high end stereo rig.

6 minutes ago, Gurkensalat said:

Absolute great, reportedly one of the best in the world. On the last row, you hear everything, every detail with a clarity like from a high end stereo rig.

Awesome! :) 

I am attending a HPPS concert next March and the hall in my hometown is luckily pretty great as well. After hearing Morricone recently at an ice hokey stadium very much electronically amplified I am glad they decided for a normal concert venue for this upcoming concert.

2 hours ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

The one in Dublin is in an arena but when I saw the Lord of the Rings films there I thought the sound was great!

Concert halls usually rule out or lessen the possibility of having to share the experience with drunk people. I had the common plebs arrive drunk at the Morricone concert held at a hokey stadium and can you believe that they had the temerity to sit beside me in such inebriated state. Odi profanum vulgus et arceo!

32 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Awesome! :) 

I am attending a HPPS concert next March and the hall in my hometown is luckily pretty great as well. After hearing Morricone recently at an ice hokey stadium very much electronically amplified I am glad they decided for a normal concert venue for this upcoming concert.

Oh they are doing that in Oulu. Surprisingly I noticed there will be a performance  in Helsinki too, I was planning to attend. But now I realised it will be at hockey stadium, sound via PA system, I have to rethink this.

Little observation: Last year most people attending Raiders were about 30 to 50 years old. With Potter the age was more like 20 to 35. Obviously people who experienced the first HP movie in cinema as children or adolescents and wanted to relive it here. Strange how even the flattest slapstick joke in the movie triggered a laugh in this adult audience... nostalgia at is finest.

19 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Concert halls usually rule out or lessen the possibility of having to share the experience with drunk people. I had the common plebs arrive drunk at the Morricone concert and can you believe that they had the temerity to sit beside me in such inebriated state. Odi profanum vulgus et arceo!

That hasn't happened for me before but it's Ireland so there's a strong possibility!

2 hours ago, hornist said:

Oh they are doing that in Oulu. Surprisingly I noticed there will be a performance  in Helsinki too, I was planning to attend. But now I realised it will be at hockey stadium, sound via PA system, I have to rethink this.

Ah this must be a recent announcement as I have not noticed this before. Sadly I can't attend as it is on the very next day as the Oulu concert. :(

1 hour ago, Incanus said:

Ah this must be a recent announcement as I have not noticed this before. Sadly I can't attend as it is on the very next day as the Oulu concert. :(

I think it'll be great in the Madetoja-hall and the orchestra is also very good. btw I think we should do more of these here in Tampere, our hall is perfect for this kind of concerts.

32 minutes ago, hornist said:

I think it'll be great in the Madetoja-hall and the orchestra is also very good. btw I think we should do more of these here in Tampere, our hall is perfect for this kind of concerts.

It is! I still have fond memories of the Fellowship of the Ring concert from a few years ago. You were pretty much pitch perfect as I recall. :) 

6 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Did you meet Pasi? What was he like?

I met him albeit briefly and he is a fine musician and a gentleman to boot. I also met him when Tampere Filharmonia was playing the all John Williams concert. 

9 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Was he sober?

Yes! Unless he was intoxicated with the music!

Just now, Stefancos said:

Aren't we all? Always!

Absolutely! Natural born drunk with music!

Damn, I've booked for the MEN (arena) for next year, could've booked the RAH too (MEN is far closer to where I live). I've only ever seen one film music-y type thing there and it was Zimmer's concert which was really nothing like how this will be audio-wise. 

Regretting my decision now!

• 2 weeks later...

On Thursday, I go see Harry potter live in concert in Paris ! I came across this on twitter : there will be a live choir! :)  I could not find the Orchestra performing though. Usualy in France it's easy to find out but not this time so I look forward to know more :)

That being said, I don't remember where choir is used throughout the movie…

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Well, there's a lot of choir throughout the entire score

Yup. Definitely enough to warrant using a real one.

6 minutes ago, toothless said:

Shame that it's only optional then. I must admit it's been a while since I listened to HP1 soundtrack !

If it wasn't optional no orchestra that didn't have a choir would program it.