NEW Video: "The Sound of a Galaxy: Inside the Star Wars: The Force Awakens Soundtrack"

rpvee

6 minutes ago, Faleel said:

Are you sure it's a different take?

Yes, I  can tell by the very beginning. In the video version, the brass finishes the first note quickly accompanied by a heavy percussion strike, while the album version holds that note almost all the way until the second one comes, and the percussional strike is much more faint. Also, the video one (to me, at least) sounds much more like an orchestra.

That video seems to have confirmed the impression I got about Williams' approach for scoring this film.

While in the OT, the rebels had a motif and the bad guys a full-fledged march, now it is the other way around:

Kylo Ren gets the motif(s) and the resistance gets the march. And it seems that is actually intentional.

Clever! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 22/02/2016 at 2:09 PM, BloodBoal said:

Realized something just now: all the bonus features of Disney Blu-Rays have 5.1 audio with the music 100% clean on the rear channels (I know that because I got some unreleased music from a few films that way), and now Star Wars is owned by Disney, so...

On 22/02/2016 at 2:17 PM, crumbs said:

Wow, really!? Just imagine if they include a 3 hour long doco with clean music in the rear channels!

I just got confirmation from LeBlanc that the Blu-Ray bonus features do have 5.1 audio, so that means that we should hopefully get our hands on some more unreleased music (depends on the music used in the various documentaries, of course).

Looks like there's about an hour of special features on Disc 2 with 5.1 audio.  Haven't watched yet to see if they are scored with any unreleased music, or entirely scored with OST material, or what.