No Time To Die (James Bond #25)

Jay

43 minutes ago, Alex said:

I always liked Timothy Dalton’s Bond era

There's a bit of overlap with the Moore era, like Robert Brown as M, and General Gogol showing up at the end. TLD still feels like a Moore film, but LTK was made specially for Dalton.

18 hours ago, Richard said:

Didn't he do that, in QOS?

It bears a certain similarity, yes. 

As one QOS review put it about the bit where Bond is grasping the other dude's wrist to confirm his pulse is fading ... 'We're a long way from Octopussy' :lol: .    

• 2 weeks later...

I dislike Sam Smith's voice, but the song itself grew on me as a composition.  As a longtime White Stripes fan it pains me to say, but Jack White's Quantum song is probably the worst in franchise history.

It's thrillingly John Barryesque ... until Smith opens his mouth. After that, it's pretty much what you'd expect from a young, sensitive gay man attempting to convey in song the perspective of a veteran 'tough cookie' Secret Service operative of avowedly heterosexual tastes.     

• 3 weeks later...

Plot synopsis:

"In No Time To Die, Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help. The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.

That would explain why the 007 code has been given to a new person if he's retired.

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

That would explain why the 007 code has been given to a new person if he's retired.

NO. The feminists have taken over and now James Bond is a woman!

Is this all they can up with for these Craig films? Bond gets his license, Bond retires, Bond is too old, Bond is about to retire, Bond does retire. What the hell?

What's next, Bond on a vendetta against his retirement home?

44 minutes ago, Dieter Stark said:

They've been doing practically the same thing since the 1960s with slight variations but no major changes overall. No one has seemed to mind in all that time.

I don't recall other 5 Bond movies in a row harping on the theory/assumption/story that Bond is too old, or too inept, or too emotional for his job. That's some bs.

The only other two films I recall that had this subject in a form were OHMSS and License To Kill, both of which weren't considered a success, both of which led to drastic change.

8 hours ago, mstrox said:

They got this all screwed up.  "No, time to die!"

I always enjoy a good riff on a classic Lionel Hutz gag!

5 hours ago, gkgyver said:

I don't recall other 5 Bond movies in a row harping on the theory/assumption/story that Bond is too old, or too inept, or too emotional for his job. That's some bs.

The only other two films I recall that had this subject in a form were OHMSS and License To Kill, both of which weren't considered a success, both of which led to drastic change.

It's gonna be okay.

At the end of the day, it will be yet another movie where a spy named James Bond kills people and sleeps around with outrageously attractive women, drives an Aston Martin, uses ridiculous gadgets and performs over the top stunts while foiling some villain's plan.