No Time To Die (James Bond #25)

Jay

I wouldn't mind if Zimmer collaborates on the song, since I like his collaboration with Alicia Keys on It's On Again from Amazing Spider-Man 2. It's the only not horrible stuff that came out of that score. 

7 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

She's only got one?

5 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

A teen vegan advocate whose one album to date begins with the sound of her slurping saliva from her Invisalign braces and deals with themes of drug addiction, climate change, mental health and suicide. 

I'm suddenly very nostalgic for the likes of Shirley Bassey.  

Billie Eilish has two albums plus other singles.

Her voice is sultry beyond her age. She’s a good fit. 

It's weird to think that this girl is younger than the 9/11, the millennium bug, the first two Toy Story and Jurassic Park movies, JW's last Oscar winner score and actually JWFan itself. I thought people born on that era were still on secondary school! I think I need to cry a little...

abcde.JPG

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

It's weird to think that this girl is younger than the 9/11, the millennium bug, the first two Toy Story and Jurassic Park movies, JW's last Oscar winner score and actually JWFan itself. I thought people born on that era were still on secondary school! I think I need to cry a little...

abcde.JPG

I thought they were still toddlers. Wtf!?

That's not true - that's more of a subset.   If you look at the Top 100 US singles last year, women on the list include Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Lizzo, Halsey, Ava Max - none of them have that aesthetic.  The only chart topper who does is Billie Eilish.   And heck, Lana Del Rey is even smiling on one of her most recent albums!

lana-del-rey-lust-for-life-stream-album-

It's all cyclical anyway - dance music has gone from bouncy to moody and back again every 5-10 years since at least the 1970s.

On 1/14/2020 at 9:17 PM, Sweeping Strings said:

A teen vegan advocate whose one album to date begins with the sound of her slurping saliva from her Invisalign braces and deals with themes of drug addiction, climate change, mental health and suicide. 

I'm suddenly very nostalgic for the likes of Shirley Bassey.  

What did you expect? Someone chosen for actual talent? 

It's much more important these days to educate the audience on things they don't want to. 

4 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

Female Bond producer says Bond will never be female!

https://variety.com/2020/film/features/james-bond-no-time-to-die-barbara-broccoli-michael-wilson-1203466601/

#BondSoMale twitterstorm on the card?

I wonder if Bond is already cancelled by Twitter by now, or if Eilish's hiring will soften the blow.

5 hours ago, mstrox said:

That's not true - that's more of a subset.   If you look at the Top 100 US singles last year, women on the list include Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Lizzo, Halsey, Ava Max - none of them have that aesthetic.  The only chart topper who does is Billie Eilish.   And heck, Lana Del Rey is even smiling on one of her most recent albums!

lana-del-rey-lust-for-life-stream-album-

It's all cyclical anyway - dance music has gone from bouncy to moody and back again every 5-10 years since at least the 1970s.

She is happy here, but just listen to one of the songs that gave her fame:

30 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Still waiting on her to make one as good as Ultraviolence.

Never heard a full album from her, but I like the song Video Games.

7 hours ago, Edmilson said:

I wonder if Bond is already cancelled by Twitter by now, or if Eilish's hiring will soften the blow.

That'll happen once someone reads the original novels :sarcasm:

Faintly depressing that Babs Broccoli even thought it needed confirming that Bond will remain male. 

I know I'm coming across crabby about Eilish's hiring, but ... it's just that I'm a long-standing Bond fan and I can recall when the songs were seen as a prestige gig by the established artists chosen to do them. This just seems a bit of a flash-in-the-pan zeitgeist-skimming hire to me. But we'll see, I guess. 

The fact that we've gone from the magnificence of John Barry to the score on NTTD being given to Zimmer And Co to knock out (presumably as quickly as they can) is also pretty dispiriting.  

22 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Bond isn’t this immaculate franchise that’s all of a sudden going down the drain. Have we all forgotten Die Another Day?

DIE ANOTHER DAY had its moments: a nicely O.T.T. performance, by Toby Stephens; the funniest Bond line in a long time ("I know all about the UN embargo. I studied at Oxford and Harvard. Majored in Western Hypocrisy" :lol:); a decent score by you-know-who; and...er...oh, yes! Rosamund Pike naked, underneath a fur blanket. As Mr. Carver would say: "delicious".

12 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

DIE ANOTHER DAY had its moments: a nicely O.T.T. performance, by Toby Stephens; the funniest Bond line in a long time ("I know all about the UN embargo. I studied at Oxford and Harvard. Majored in Western Hypocrisy" :lol:); a decent score by you-know-who; and...er...oh, yes! Rosamund Pike naked, underneath a fur blanket. As Mr. Carver would say: "delicious".

Yo mama.