No Time To Die (James Bond #25)

Jay

53 minutes ago, Þekþiþm said:

November!? Wtf that's The Eternals's month!! :angryfire:

Fixed.

The new MCU movie will make a bloodbath out of Kong and GvK at the box office.

6 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Fixed.

The new MCU movie will make a bloodbath out of Kong and GvK at the box office.

That's not even an MCU movie. It's a Fox X-Men leftover that has no hype.

It doesn't stand a chance against the power of Kongzilla!

17 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

You shouldn't have to look up in databases or leaked sheets in order to find out who wrote what, or that actually someone else that Zimmer did most of the work.

As I said, these credits are in the films themselves, in CD booklets, on websites. Way to highlight one of the many places I listed. You have to be ignorant to not know about Zimmer’s collaborators. 

10 hours ago, Edmilson said:

And here comes the White Knight, ready to defend the honor of people that earn way more than I do and aren't on this forum reading the crap I post here everyday! *cue Superman March by John Williams*

Look, after months and months of this discussion going around in circles, I've decided that I won't care anymore. Zimmer, or whoever else, can use as much ghost writers as he please. I disagree with him taking solo credit on scores that he didn't do much of the job (Rango, Pirates 4, etc.), but apparently people on the industry aren't mad with that, so why would I be? 

He doesn’t take solo credit, particularly on those scores you mentioned. The CDs list the artists involved. It’s like you’re intentionally being dense. If you don’t care about any of this, then stop being the one that’s constantly talking about it and demeaning music and people. Why do you get hung up on music you don’t like?

12 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

He doesn’t take solo credit, particularly on those scores you mentioned. The CDs list the artists involved. It’s like you’re intentionally being dense. If you don’t care about any of this, then stop being the one that’s constantly talking about it and demeaning music and people. Why do you get hung up on music you don’t like?

Oh, stop insulting my intelligence!

pirates4.jpeg

rango.jpeg

tlr.jpg

He is credited as SOLE COMPOSER for all these and other scores. "But the others are listed on CD!" Sure, but as ADDITIONAL MUSIC composers, even though much of the score was the job of them, not Zimmer's.

In any case, this discussion is pointless and ridiculous, because on RC a credit usually means nothing, and not only for HZ. Klaus Badelt is listed as the sole composer of The Curse of the Black Pearl, even though pretty much everyone at RC at that time worked on the score, Zimmer included. 

I simply stopped bothering with that. It's how they work, they're apparently happy with this, so whatever. I particularly like more their scores when the voice and vision of a single person is heard, instead of a whole team (Pirates 4, ASM2, most DreamWorks crap, etc), but that's just me.

10 hours ago, Edmilson said:

He is credited as SOLE COMPOSER for all these and other scores. "But the others are listed on CD!" Sure, but as ADDITIONAL MUSIC composers, even though much of the score was the job of them, not Zimmer's.

Meh, I was tempted to do something along these lines, but I've lost the energy. It's like talking to the RCP Opinion Police.

You know what, I didn't know Angels & Demons was written largely by others until it was pointed out here a few years ago. I have a digital download of the score, which doesn't come with the booklet, and therefore I didn't have access to any list of additional composers. It says 'Music by Hans Zimmer' on the cover; therefore I assumed the music was by Hans Zimmer. Clearly this was an absolutely preposterous assumption to make.

Given the delay to this score, clearly the time pressures have gone. What sort of a composer is Zimmer if he can't write a 2 hour score in 6 months without help? If he works 6 days a week that's about 50 seconds of composing a day. I mean, how's he going to manage that without at least 3 assistant composers?

14 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

You know what, I didn't know Angels & Demons was written largely by others until it was pointed out here a few years ago. I have a digital download of the score, which doesn't come with the booklet, and therefore I didn't have access to any list of additional composers. It says 'Music by Hans Zimmer' on the cover; therefore I assumed the music was by Hans Zimmer. Clearly this was an absolutely preposterous assumption to make.

Angels and Demons seemed to be a case on which Zimmer only wrote the main themes and laid out the main ideas, then let his subordinates to put this material into the actual movie. The only scene he did scored to the picture was the climax, when Ewan McGregor climbs into a helicopter and explodes a bomb. So yeah, given that the OST is pretty much just suites (and the bomb scene), I think it contains what Zimmer actually wrote, as opposed to what's on the movie.

17 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Is EON seriously going to sit on potentially one of the most successful films of the year, for six months?

Seems like it as Fukunaga confirmed on his Instagram today that the film is done now.

This delay will make it a full 5 years between SPECTRE and NTTD. This is only beaten by the 6 year gap between Licence To Kill and Goldeneye, and that was due to a rights battle.  

If the film is finished, will they just let it sit on the shelf for 8 months? I wonder if they’ll decide to play around with some of the editing or something just to see what there’s to see. And with all that time to kill, does the risk increase that the whole movie could leak unintentionally?

If, by the time Black Widow and Fast and Furious 9 are arriving on theaters (which will be by May) the whole situation of the coronavirus is stable enough so people can go to the movies with no problems, Eon will be looking like morons. 

On the other hand, Pixar's new movie Onward is becoming a box office bomb specially outside the US, and according to Deadline, the corona had a lot of impact on the moviegoing on two of cinema's biggest hubs, the Western Europe and South Asia. I can see Mulan being delayed now that Onward has bombed.

5 hours ago, Bayesian said:

If the film is finished, will they just let it sit on the shelf for 8 months? I wonder if they’ll decide to play around with some of the editing or something just to see what there’s to see. And with all that time to kill, does the risk increase that the whole movie could leak unintentionally?

I think they will, partly because many of the people involved have other projects to get to. 

The film is all locked and delivered per Fukunaga's confirmation on Friday, I suspect maybe closer to the press tour they'll take one fresh look at it see if they can tweak anything.

The Coronavirus will spell the end of cinemas altogether and make studios divert their content to streaming - but they'll make you pay the price of admission for every new release.

On 3/9/2020 at 1:00 AM, Arpy said:

The Coronavirus will spell the end of cinemas altogether and make studios divert their content to streaming - but they'll make you pay the price of admission for every new release.

I mean aren't they already charging double that for new home media releases anyway?

On 3/8/2020 at 5:11 PM, Bayesian said:

If the film is finished, will they just let it sit on the shelf for 8 months? I wonder if they’ll decide to play around with some of the editing or something just to see what there’s to see.

Indeed. Let Stuart Baird take a look at it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 11:39 AM, Sweeping Strings said:

It's been rumoured that NTTD didn't play well with test audiences. Maybe the hiatus will be used to tweak it, right enough. 

EU1baFFXYAYGulu?format=jpg&name=large

Also, I'm sorry, but why are we taking stock in notably 'anti-SJW' youtubers again?

23 hours ago, antovolk said:

Also, I'm sorry, but why are we taking stock in notably 'anti-SJW' youtubers again?

Because not everyone is so casually considering human beings beneath oneself like you do apparently. 

Has it been discussed that Broccoli and Wilson took the title for this movie from a pre-Bond Albert Broccoli movie?

It was produced in 1958 by Broccoli, written by Richard Maibaum, and directed by Terence Young (the same team that made Dr. No).

No Time to Die, 1958 quad poster.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Time_to_Die_(1958_film)

I guess they just decided it sounded like a Bond title and was a nod to Eon's past at the same time.