Star Wars Scores - iTunes Confusion

Bofur01

Hi, and if you hadn't guessed I'm one of those heretics who uses iTunes to buy all their music :P And, even worse, out of the Star Wars scores, I only have TFA... And I was hoping to rectify this :P 

Anyway, I'm just a bit confused about all the iTunes versions of the Star Wars scores...

For ANH, there's a '77 one and a '04 one, with the '04 one having many more tracks and being cheaper, so the choice seems obvious there...

ESB has 2 versions of the album, both '97, same number of tracks and same cover and all, one costs a bit more... does anyone know if they're actually different or not? :P

RotJ only has one version, thank god :P

TPM has 3, 2 from '99, one with the 3D cover and one with the normal one... Seemingly the same tracks, one costs a bit more... And then the Ultimate edition (Is it worth the extra £2-3?)

AotC makes sense! 2 versions, same cover, one is £1 more, and has an extra track...

And RotS has 2, same cover, one is £1 more, seemingly no difference...

And I'm assuming the ultimate digital collection is inferior to the standard OSTs, whichever ones they are?

So, any help? The confusing thing is, the titles of the albums are almost, if not exactly the same for all versions...

Thanks in advance... I hope... :P

All three originals have the original covers 1 disk version. The 2004 are 2 disk special edition. Return of Jedi does have 2 different ones on iTunes. Phantom menace, go with the ultimate edition. It's nice

• 2 years later...

I change cover art all the time. That's why I like looking through custom covers. Besides, iTunes actually has a capability to Add Artwork. You can chose any picture file on your device from there.

On 2/26/2016 at 2:21 PM, Jay said:

It's hilarious to me that Apple is selling those for $16.99-$18.99 each, because you can get them on CD for $8.39 each on Amazon!

Not anymore, it seems.

On a side note, I’m glad this thread exists, so I can vent my long-standing anger in an appropriate place at the fact they got rid of the special editions of the soundtracks with the alternate takes of Main Theme on ANH etc. Just putting that out there. Probably should buy the hard copies. Whoops.