Jump to content

Photos from the Force Awakens recording sessions!


Jay
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Arranging is a completely different thing altogether than orchestrating.

 

Yes I know. I maybe wrong but I think it's not really important to separate the two credits regarding the work of JW.

 

For now, I just want to list for the albums and scores that he really arranged or orchestrated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Seems?

 

If it's not clearly specified on an album we don't know.

 

I made a very fast round trip for my "arrangements & orchestrations" page for my websitr and found only two case on filmtracks where Jw seems really credited as the arranger : JFK and Schindler's list.

 

I didn't read all the booklets of the Cd of my collection yet. :-)

JFK CD booklet doesn't say anything about arranging or orchestrating actually. Composed, conducted and produced is the credit. The film credits list John Neufeld, one of Williams' regular collaborators as orchestrator.

 

Again with Schindler's List there is no orchestrator credit in the booklet but the film credits include again John Neufeld with Conrad Pope and Angela Morley (for source music).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Incanus said:

JFK CD booklet doesn't say anything about arranging or orchestrating actually. Composed, conducted and produced is the credit. The film credits list John Neufeld, one of Williams' regular collaborators as orchestrator.

 

Again with Schindler's List there is no orchestrator credit but the film credits include again John Neufeld with Conrad Pope and Angela Morley.

 

For my first round trip filmtracks was my source. A wrong source it seems ;-)

 

Do you have a list for me? Please come discuss it in the disco thread ;-)

 

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25380-john-williams-discography/&page=5#comment-1227154

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, KK. said:
On 01/03/2016 at 10:10 PM, Stefancos said:

True.

 

I barely visit the Tolkiens threads now.....

Barely anyone does. It's a ghost town there.

 

You'll find more cheer in a graveyard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe Images was entirely orchestrated by Williams. And of course, there's plenty of precedent for him orchestrating a few cues from a given score, as time allows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think it matters much to the final music we hear who orchestrated it. Conrad Pope himself describes orchestrating for JW as a 2% job, meaning 98% of the work is already done by JW.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, artguy360 said:

I don't think it matters much to the final music we hear who orchestrated it. Conrad Pope himself describes orchestrating for JW as a 2% job, meaning 98% of the work is already done by JW.

 

So the sketches that Williams provides are basically complete already?

 

 

 

God, someone stop me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

 

So the sketches that Williams provides are basically complete already?

 

 

 

God, someone stop me. 

Yeah. Poor Conrad just sits beside a photocopier printing out the parts. It's tedious but it pays the bills.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.