French Horn Tribute to John Williams [ 2016 REMASTERED ]

Marc

I remember you posting this before and thinking it was incredible.  It is still incredible.  I had chills throughout.  Great editing work, as well. :)

Can't wait for the other updates.

Marc, you're a wizard. All your arrangements, the JW ones and the video games ones, are top notch. One of the best musicians I know of on Youtube. 

Thanks a lot guys !

I'm currently putting the final touches on Part 2, which features more action cues and more "obscure" stuff !

Can you guess what these are ;)

Part_2_3.jpg   part_2_4.jpg

i'm the "lucky one" to have seen the Tribute Part II yesterday night who is done and ready to publish soon, and guys, i can only tell one thing that everybody will agree ! Marc is NUTS !! lol (in all positive terms of course ;)).

it's just crazy ! ! ! !

Oh yes, I was a fan of this, and you when it first came out (I think it was in 2008 or 2009), I even have the originals saved in my archive of good things, I'll make sure to include the new versions as well. 

And congratulations Marc once again, after all these years! :)

Part 2 will be a remixed/remastered version of the one I had released as audio only a few months after Part 1.

At the time I hadn't done any video for it ( same goes for Part 3 & 4 ) and I plan on giving them the same treatment as the new remastered one !

Here are a few screens from Part 2 :

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This was a wonderful arrangement! I really enjoyed the part where you added Short Round's theme as the transition between 2 other themes.  This has made me more exited to get my French Horn this week.  I got bored of strings and want to try something new, and this made me sure of my decision. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Romão said:

One of things I particularly loved about Part II is that you focused less on the big themes, and more on great underscore segments

Yeah that is something I decided to do right when I began working on it !

There are so many amazing JW cues which have rarely ( not to say never ) been covered...

It's really exciting to arrange and play something like the Close Encounters cluster or JFK's Arlington ( which is one my favorite JW cues ! )

45 minutes ago, Marc said:

Yeah that is something I decided to do right when I began working on it !

There are so many amazing JW cues which have rarely ( not to say never ) been covered...

It's really exciting to arrange and play something like the Close Encounters cluster or JFK's Arlington ( which is one my favorite JW cues ! )

Yes! Arlington was an inspired choice and terrific rendition

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for part 2! I especially love to hear the segment with the knight in The Last Crusade. I really wish there was a track that had more of it :(

Update on my french horn: Can now play part of the Jurassic Park theme, which is keeping me happy until i can play the part I mentioned above :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have to repeat that  you have really done such tremendous work on all of these Marc! Thank you for your hard work and John Williams fan dedication in bringing us these! Great playing and it is a true delight to hear these wonderful medleys and arrangements that are not only artful but also show a deep love of the Maestro and his music.

Thank you !

It's always been a goal of mine to play the kind of stuff you never hear people cover, like entire action cues or more osbscure themes ( I mean,I don't think a lot of people have played stuff from Images, Dracula or Heartbeeps :P )

I feel most JW medleys are always about the SW and HP "hits" plus a few other iconic scores, which saddens me a bit since ( as everyone knows here ) he has such a gigantic corpus of amazing music to choose from !

53 minutes ago, Marc said:

I feel most JW medleys are always about the SW and HP "hits" plus a few other iconic scores, which saddens me a bit 

So Sorry marc, as i force you to work on a new SW and Superman Medley !! .... :(:(  (private / personnal joke guys ;) )

Haha ^^ Oh but don't get me wrong, I love playing the big SW hits ;) It is awesome music !

39 minutes ago, Marc said:

Haha ^^ Oh but don't get me wrong, I love playing the big SW hits ;) It is awesome music !

Well, for my defense there will be "Brother and Sister", it's not a big hit played all the time, right ?

sorry i have no idea who is John Williams, who is he ??? !!! ;)

Thank you again for all of it!

I like the fact that it has action cues and lesser known pieces, I liked it back in the day, I haven't changed that much since :D

Marc, I just listened to all 4 parts this morning while working.  Bravo, sir! :worship:

The video montages are really neat; It's fascinating to see all the productions Williams has scored all together like this.... all the different major actors he's written music for, all the different eras and places the films have been set.

The only thing I found curious about your selections was the extensive run-through of Anything Goes, since that wasn't written by Williams but by Cole Porter?

5 hours ago, Jay said:

The only thing I found curious about your selections was the extensive run-through of Anything Goes, since that wasn't written by Williams but by Cole Porter?

Certainly because the tune has been arranged by John Williams even if it's a Cole Porter song.

Yeah it's probably one of the most amazing arrangements of a song I've ever heard !

Not only is it extremely fun to play on the horn, but it also shows how good an arranger JW is :)

20 minutes ago, Marc said:

Yeah it's probably one of the most amazing arrangements of a song I've ever heard !

Not only is it extremely fun to play on the horn, but it also shows how good an arranger JW is :)

yeah !!! and hearing anything goes in chinese, is , Something lol !