Williams attends Wizarding World of Harry Potter red carpet gala

Once

It will probably be the same pieces, which is great.

As for the Fantastic Beast part, I want new Williams's scores too, but the movie looks dull from the trailer.  I want Williams to score Wonder Woman--any chance of that?  (and yes, I get the possible innuendo--move along).

1 hour ago, BernieTheDog said:

Hmmmmm. I might have to fake my death to attend.

Heh, I like this kid!  Good sense of humor about his recent misadventures.

Williams will announce his hope to make a triumphant return to the series by scoring Fantastic Beasts, then Yates will announce Nicholas Hooper is returning.

5 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Zero. Why would he?

If he likes a project, he is willing to score it.  He almost scored the Hulk, of all movies. 

20 hours ago, Tom said:

If he likes a project, he is willing to score it.  He almost scored the Hulk, of all movies. 

Do you have some source for that? As far as I know, Mychael Danna was the first guy approached for that, before he was replaced by Elfman.

3 hours ago, Thor said:

Do you have some source for that? As far as I know, Mychael Danna was the first guy approached for that, before he was replaced by Elfman.

It was a short interview with Williams posted on this board.  I am too lazy to look back and find it.  Williams expressed interest in scoring another superhero-type movie and thought and Ang Lee wanted him to do it. The film was what, 2002 or such, so it would be in that timeframe. 

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

It was a short interview with Williams posted on this board.  I am too lazy to look back and find it.  Williams expressed interest in scoring another superhero-type movie and thought and Ang Lee wanted him to do it. The film was what, 2002 or such, so it would be in that timeframe. 

I'd certainly be interested in reading that, if anyone can find it. Doesn't really sound like Williams.

12 hours ago, Mr. Big said:

Still a bit doubtful, given the source (not you, the website).  If it is true, I wonder why he dropped out.

Yeah, the Williams quote sounds really weird. Doesn't sound like him at all.

Never trust an Australian journalist.

Anyway, Williams has a 12 month black hole in his schedule, I'd be slightly disappointed if he didn't fit in a film score between now and SW8.

This gives me a little more hope that he could score Fantastic Beasts. I know this is completely separate from the film, but at least we know they have not forgotten about him. This would be the perfect chance to announce he is returning. 

For anyone who has been to the Wizarding World in Orlando, it is obvious they think William's score is superior, for most of the background music is from his scores. I only remember hearing a couple from Hooper and Doyle and only heard Desplat's Lilly's theme. 

Even on the Gringotts ride, they used "The Whomping Willow" from Prisoner of Azkaban instead of Desplat's "Gringotts/The tunnel" cue. 

I forgot to mention!  Spoiler Alert for anyone who hasn't been on the Gringott's ride and wants the plot to remain a surprise. 

Spoiler

It was amazing hearing Williams' Voldemort's theme when Voldemort appeared. It was the first time that theme was used with the "resurrected" Voldemort. It's a real shame it wasn't used in the movies. It really went perfect and I had goosebumps and huge grin on my face. 

No way is Fantastic Beasts happening, but it's just nice to see him still out and about doing this stuff. It just makes me feel grateful when less than a year ago we were spooked into thinking his conducting career may be over.

On 25.3.2016 at 2:28 AM, Tom said:

He must write a piano concerto.

Yes, a proper one. I don't really care for his two recent piano pieces "Conversations" and "Scherzo etc.", and the 1951 piano sonata, no one has ever heard. So we really need a proper concerto written for his main instrument.

The Maestro looks fantastic! With the energy he's conducting you wouldn't think he's a day over 70, much less in his mid-80's with a pacemaker.

Must say I found that new arrangement mostly unsatisfying though.

Thanks for sharing! He does indeed look sprightly.

The performance seemed awfully messy, though. Not enough rehearsal time?

Well, when you have two sections sitting so far apart, it's a bit like conducting two separate orchestras - it's difficult to keep them in sync all of the time!

Still, a very fine performance. Thank you for linking!

3 hours ago, The Psycho Pianist said:

And he played a new arrangement of themes synced with projection mapping on the castle

They actually had that same arrangement for the Orlando opening but it was all tracked from the score, so that's neat that they played it live this time. 

4 hours ago, Michael said:

Uuuh that was not tracked.

For some reason I remembered it being tracked, but now that I'm actually listening to it, obviously yes you're right :lol:

Dunno if that was still Williams conducting at that point or not, since they never show the orchestra. I assume so?