Hans Zimmer Retires from Superhero Genre

crumbs

Even I at one point misunderstood the "sound design" stuff.  It might not be easy listening, but it isn't bullshit.  It's probably as interesting if not more to put together and "tinker" with.  I can understand that motivation more than the one behind some of the most sterile Goldsmith writing, applied to shit films. 

I find some of the sound design stuff offers neither the effect of no music nor the effect of a real musical punch.

Although  I'm incoherent and picky about what I like. I liked the bat-flap sound effect in Batman Begins. I remember liking the sound-effect-like cues in Gravity and disliking the rest of the writing.

41 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

What fantastic news! I am available once again to sign from roof-tops and dance in the streets.

Now he just needs to retire from the genre of film music.

You're very unpleasant.  Why is it that all of your recent posts are of this same brand of Zimmer-whining buffoonery?  Don't you have anything worthwhile to say?

I implore you to reconsider this attitude of poisonous partisanship.  It's a relic of the past.  I've seen posts of yours from years back with the same needless vitriol.  JWFan has a more evolved sensibility now.  

32 minutes ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

You're very unpleasant.  Why is it that all of your recent posts are of this same brand of Zimmer-whining buffoonery?  Don't you have anything worthwhile to say?

I implore you to reconsider this attitude of poisonous partisanship.  It's a relic of the past.  I've seen posts of yours from years back with the same needless vitriol.  JWFan has a more evolved sensibility now.  

I will think and say as I please. Thank you.

Just now, TheUlyssesian said:

I will think and say as I please. Thank you.

At least you have the sense to not subsequently double-down on the whining when called out for such wallowing.

2 minutes ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

At least you have the sense to not subsequently double-down on the whining when called out for such wallowing.

Even if I wanted to hate on Zimmer more (what you call whining and wallowing and what not), it wouldn't occur to me to worry about you one bit.

And you provide a needed service.  Whenever anyone wonders about my seemingly caricatured portrayal of the extreme anti-Zimmerites, I can point and say, "that guy."  It ain't no caricature.

2 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

it wouldn't occur to me to worry about you one bit.

Your need to point this out tells me otherwise.  It would be easy to simply ignore altogether.

And you provide a needed service.  Whenever anyone wonders about my seemingly caricatured portrayal of the extreme anti-Zimmerites, I can point and say, "that guy."  It ain't no caricature.

Your need to point this out tells me otherwise.  It would be easy to simply ignore.

Ah you got me. I was just pretending. I deeply care about what you think of me.

Ah you got me. I was just pretending. I deeply care about what you think of me.

It's obvious that you don't like to have your prejudices challenged, or you'd have responded in a manner less reliant on snark.  It's ok to admit it, this is a safe space.

TheGreyPilgrim - obviously long overdue for this kind of sparring

Just now, TheGreyPilgrim said:

It's obvious that you don't like to have your prejudices challenged, or you'd have responded in a manner less reliant on snark.  It's ok to admit it, this is a safe space.

What an interesting conversation we are having, as interesting as Zimmer's music. Truly Zimmer brings out the best in us.

What an interesting conversation we are having, as interesting as Zimmer's music. Truly Zimmer brings out the best in us.

Think about it friendo.  "The best" that was brought out initially was your need to chime in with your dislike.  What exactly does that accomplish?  All I did was question that, which is entirely reasonable, so I'm afraid you can't blame any of this on me, nor Zimmer, as comical as that is.

I'll give you a real example of how it does bring out the best though.  Last night, Zimmer's Murph suite from Interstellar played on a little set of speakers while my girls enthusiastically learned to use a telescope for the first time.  I'm sure I don't need to explain how lovely that was for all of us!

Think about it friendo.  "The best" that was brought out initially was your need to chime in with your dislike.  What exactly does that accomplish?  All I did was question that, which is entirely reasonable, so I'm afraid you can't blame any of this on me, nor Zimmer, as comical as that is.

Right. So I called you "unpleasant" and your posts "whining buffonery", "poisonous" and "needless vitriol" and we proceeded from there. 

Is it poetic justice that fans of Zimmer lack articulation, grace and subtlety?

3 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

Right. So I called you "unpleasant" and your posts "whining buffonery", "poisonous" and "needless vitriol" and we proceeded from there. 

Is it poetic justice that fans of Zimmer lack articulation, grace and subtlety?

I reserve the right to use whatever language, even bordering on crass, I wish when someone already unlocks the gates for such childishness with calls for someone to end their career.

Please, your attempts at superiority only make this more embarrassing for you.

1 hour ago, TheUlyssesian said:

What fantastic news! I am available once again to sign from roof-tops and dance in the streets.

Now he just needs to retire from the genre of film music.

Just look at this.  Can you imagine this being said about Williams?  Would you not be inclined towards indignation upon reading this?  It's truly unpleasant, yes.  Wishing for someone to abandon something they love.  Just filled with needless hate.

Is it poetic justice that... no wait, it's just embarrassing for other Williams fans, myself included, that one of their own could engage in such partisan ignorance and hate-speech.

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

Who?

Mark Olivarez?  I dunno, anyway, I'm losing my steam here.  Too old for this shit, this is a first-year TGP thing!  Hopefully not a sign of future decreased performance in bed.

16 minutes ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Can you imagine this being said about Williams?  Would you not be inclined towards indignation upon reading this?

Lol. Why would I? Am I related to Williams? Am I his secretary? Investor in his estate? His son-in-law?

I wouldn't even take offense if someone said that about myself even. It's preposterous to thing I would take offense about something said about a public person.

2 hours ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Even I at one point misunderstood the "sound design" stuff.  It might not be easy listening, but it isn't bullshit.  It's probably as interesting if not more to put together and "tinker" with.  I can understand that motivation more than the one behind some of the most sterile Goldsmith writing, applied to shit films. 

Yeah, for a technician. Not for a musician - no one can sell me such nonsense. The other thing is, you might roll your eyes at, say, 'Along Came A Spider' but a least this stuff had brevity and didn't require '10 Commandments'-sized session tapes. Which begs the question how something so precious can be churned out in salt mine quantities in a relatively short time.

But we go in circles, the limitations of working on these suckers have been spelled out often enough by the very people doing them and they sure wouldn't be like this if the musician's had their way. So let Brian Tyler take them all and we lose nothing of great musical importance.

Yes but, how are we not caretakers? How can you be a explorer without being a caretaker first? A lot of dialogue just sounds like "quick we need something that sounds gradiose here".

Well it was just an example about how the tone of the film doesn't work for me. (And that line just makes me thing of elderly or hurt people who can't help in the gathering of resources being taken care of in thousands of years old communities)

Well in the context of the film, and considering the line was delivered by a man who was still an astronaut at heart it certainly doesnt ring false to me.

Doubtlessly TGP will be along soon calling you a fucking moron for not getting the point.

4 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Well in the context of the film, and considering the line was delivered by a man who was still an astronaut at heart it certainly doesnt ring false to me.

Doubtlessly TGP will be along soon calling you a fucking moron for not getting the point.

TGP can rant all day long about whatever.

The part of astronaut at heart is funny. They call him the best, but they didn't look for him at all.