WESTWORLD (HBO TV)

A24

Ed Harris joins the cast of HBO's Westworld. By god!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/Alexcremers/mxj3ssoabelh-600x338_zpsa381e7c5.jpg

He'll be playing 'the man in black':

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/Alexcremers/westworld_zps9cb7933b.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ed-harris-set-as-key-724626

Wait until Westworld is released ... You'll all rip the Star Wars posters from your walls, you'll renounce GOT or anything with dragons in it. Quintus will change his name into The Man In Black ... Mark my words, it will be the talk of town JWfan.

Sorta, it's the new HBO series based on the movie (theme park with robots) with Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, et cetera.

Sure, today I'm the only one who is enthusiastic but in one or two years people will be begging for a subforum to harness the mania that will be Westworld.

Did Futureworld ever get made?

And I wonder how they will drag out the concept for a whole season of television?

Me too. You can't spend 10 episodes on a theme park gone wrong. It's gotta be different than the movie.

I loved Westworld as a young teen. It was my Jurassic Park.

I'm curious what they will do with it. If the writing is good, then actors like Hopkins and Harris will do the rest. Make no mistake, it's not television, it's HBO.

Ed Harris is always reliable. Actually he's bloody brilliant in everything he's in come to think of it. Appaloosa and A History of Violence spring to mind.

Harris was in A History Of Violence? Or are you confusing him with Viggo?

• 5 months later...

Wait until the camera zooms in on his cold steel blue eyes!

does you have a bromance with the guy?

Wait until the camera zooms in on his cold steel blue eyes!

does you have a bromance with the guy?

No, but I know his eyes are probably the reason why they have casted Harris. The gunslinger of Westworld needs to have them eyes.

1165514_zps99ce2d75.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

HBOs Westworld is adding some intriguing new roles. The sci-fi drama has cast four actors on the show. Westworld is adding Clifton Collins, Jr. (Pacific Rim), Eion Bailey (Fight Club), Jimmi Simpson (House of Cards) and Danish actress Sidse Babbett Knudsen (Almost Perfect).

The news comes after actress Miranda Otto departed the project. The Lord of the Rings actress was part of the shows star-filled pilot, but quietly left the series as producers re-conceived the role. Shes since landed a role in the upcoming fifth season of Showtimes Homeland.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/13/westworld-cast

HBOs Westworld is adding some intriguing new roles. The sci-fi drama has cast four actors on the show. Westworld is adding Clifton Collins, Jr. (Pacific Rim), Eion Bailey (Fight Club), Jimmi Simpson (House of Cards) and Danish actress Sidse Babbett Knudsen (Almost Perfect).

The news comes after actress Miranda Otto departed the project. The Lord of the Rings actress was part of the shows star-filled pilot, but quietly left the series as producers re-conceived the role. Shes since landed a role in the upcoming fifth season of Showtimes Homeland.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/13/westworld-cast

Ah, my favorite up and coming HBO show. Can't wait!

Alex

• 4 weeks later...

First teaser for Westworld

Alex should post it again in about 10 posts or so

Hey Anthony Hopkins is doing his Hannibal Lecter smile there!

But is this based on the Michael Crichton directed and written 1973 movie West World? Not so original series then after all HBO!

But is this based on the Michael Crichton directed and written 1973 movie West World? Not so original series then after all HBO!

Yes, but this time it's a TV series and written by one of the Nolans. Heck, it features Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris and lots of robots. What more can you wish for?

Yes, first it's going to be complicated and then it will all be explained.

It's sci-fi so you probably will watch it, right?

It's HBO so no Netflix.

Yes, but this time it's a TV series and written by one of the Nolans. Heck, it features Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris and lots of robots. What more can you wish for?

ONE Nolan. And the lesser one, too.

Karol

On 8/10/2015 at 11:41 PM, Jay said:

Not sure it'll work as an ongoing series. Probably should have been a miniseries.

• 1 month later...